    --
    Chris Green
    , Nov 11, 2007

  2. Guest

    On 11 Nov 2007 15:47:09 GMT, wrote:

    >One basic question, is the VOIP locked in to Panasonics own service or
    >can you set it up to uas any VOIP service?

    Looks to be a nice looking phone but would not touch any Pansonic
    product ever again . I have a Pan video recorder here that has gone
    nackered just out of its warranty and also three Pan dect phones all
    of which have gone nackered , I now have a BT Elements and a Freestyle
    310 both seem very good and no problems so far .
    , Nov 11, 2007

  3. Wedgieben Guest

    On 11 Nov, 15:47, wrote:
    > We're looking at replacing our DECT answerphone and, as we also have
    > VOIP, thePanasonicGlobarangeis a possibility. ThePanasonicUK
    > website doesn't list them at all but quite a few retailers have them.
    >
    > One basic question, is the VOIP locked in to Panasonics own service or
    > can you set it up to uas any VOIP service?
    >
    > --
    > Chris Green

    I purchased Panasonic Globarange phones from J Lewis who had an offer
    on giving away a free second phone. I gave this to my son and we can
    have calls over the internet for free. They call their service JOIP
    and the advantage using the Panasonic phone is that you don't need to
    have your computer on to use it. Athough you would need to have a
    router with an ethernet access. Joining the JOIP service provides some
    extra functionality to the phone service but you can just use the
    phone for calls at a very competitive rate. At the moment they are
    trying to sort a problem with US dollar and GB pound conversion rates.
    However they say that the final charges will be less and one penny a
    minute (0.006GBP) for UK standard calls and about one penny for calls
    in US and Canada. I am pleased with the phone and at these prices it's
    a good choice.
    Jim Gentle
    Wedgieben, Nov 16, 2007
  4. Wedgieben Guest

    On 11 Nov, 15:47, wrote:
    > We're looking at replacing our DECT answerphone and, as we also have
    > VOIP, thePanasonicGlobarangeis a possibility. ThePanasonicUK
    > website doesn't list them at all but quite a few retailers have them.
    >
    > One basic question, is the VOIP locked in to Panasonics own service or
    > can you set it up to uas any VOIP service?
    >
    > --
    > Chris Green

    With regard to your basic question - The phone seems to be locked into
    the JOIP service - whether anyone can convert is beyond me.
    Jim Gentle
    Wedgieben, Nov 16, 2007
  5. Guest

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 01:40:56 -0800 (PST), Wedgieben
    <> wrote:

    >I purchased Panasonic Globarange phones from J Lewis who had an offer
    >on giving away a free second phone. I gave this to my son and we can
    >have calls over the internet for free. They call their service JOIP
    >and the advantage using the Panasonic phone is that you don't need to
    >have your computer on to use it. Athough you would need to have a
    >router with an ethernet access. Joining the JOIP service provides some
    >extra functionality to the phone service but you can just use the
    >phone for calls at a very competitive rate. At the moment they are
    >trying to sort a problem with US dollar and GB pound conversion rates.
    >However they say that the final charges will be less and one penny a
    >minute (0.006GBP) for UK standard calls and about one penny for calls
    >in US and Canada. I am pleased with the phone and at these prices it's
    >a good choice.
    >Jim Gentle

    Now you are in trouble Jim Ivor will be accusing you being a spammer
    shortly .
    , Nov 16, 2007
  6. Guest

    Wedgieben <> wrote:
    > On 11 Nov, 15:47, wrote:
    > > We're looking at replacing our DECT answerphone and, as we also have
    > > VOIP, thePanasonicGlobarangeis a possibility. ThePanasonicUK
    > > website doesn't list them at all but quite a few retailers have them.
    > >
    > > One basic question, is the VOIP locked in to Panasonics own service or
    > > can you set it up to uas any VOIP service?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Chris Green

    > With regard to your basic question - The phone seems to be locked into
    > the JOIP service - whether anyone can convert is beyond me.

    OK, thanks, at least someone read the question! :)

    --
    Chris Green
    , Nov 17, 2007