    the Panasonic's images being noisy above ISO 80. Anyone got any views on
    how it compares with the Fuji in this area?

    TIA.
    F, Apr 19, 2006

  2. F

    E.m.i.r. Guest

    F wrote:
    > I'm thinking of changing my Fuji Finepix S602Z for the Panasonic FZ30
    > to get the 12x zoom rather than the Fuji's 6x. Image stabilisation
    > and the quicker startup are also a consideration (ideally I would
    > like something like the EOS350D but I doubt I could afford the
    > equivalent of the 12x zoom for it!).
    >
    > I'm hesitating about changing after seeing conflicting comments about
    > the Panasonic's images being noisy above ISO 80. Anyone got any views
    > on how it compares with the Fuji in this area?
    >
    > TIA.

    Did you check FUJI FinePix S9000 ?!
    E.m.i.r., Apr 19, 2006

  3. F

    Bolshoy Huy Guest

    my Kodak C330 has an even smaller sensor
    than the FZ30, but on screen the pics are just fine.
    If you plan to do pro shots or weddings, get the Canon 20/30D, if you
    are just having fun, the FZ30 or Fuji S9000 are fine.
    Bolshoy Huy, Apr 19, 2006
  4. F

    F Guest

    On 19/04/2006 13:58 E.m.i.r. wrote:

    > Did you check FUJI FinePix S9000 ?!

    No, but I will - thanks.

    --
    Frank
    F, Apr 19, 2006
  5. F

    Tiny Tim Guest

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:29:32 +0100, F <> wrote:

    >On 19/04/2006 13:58 E.m.i.r. wrote:
    >
    >> Did you check FUJI FinePix S9000 ?!

    >No, but I will - thanks.

    Have a look here....

    http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/PanasonicFZ30/

    where you will see both compared and a Sony and Canon thrown in for
    good measure. Plenty of comparative shots included. The conclusion
    sums up how to decide between them pretty easily.

    --
    To save on your shopping click here - http://www.rpoints.com/?ruid=44653
    To sign up with PlusNet click here - http://tinyurl.com/b9wqs
    Tiny Tim, Apr 19, 2006