    May anyone tell me which one is better?
    Seems that Z5 has noise problem, can it be solve?
    thx

    jklo, Mar 7, 2005

  2. jklo

    Swifty Guest

    On 7-Mar-2005, "jklo" <> wrote:

    > May anyone tell me which one is better?
    > Seems that Z5 has noise problem, can it be solve?
    > thx

    The Panasonic is a little noisy above ISO200 but I have no experience of the
    Z5.
    The noise problem is largely academic and doesnt spoil normal prints.
    Noiseware's FREE Community Edition ( do a Google search ) does a splendid
    job of correcting the problem so if I were you I'd forget about noise and
    pick the camera that suits you most.

    Personally the Panasonic's tank like build quality gets my vote!

    Swifty, Mar 7, 2005

  3. jklo wrote:
    > May anyone tell me which one is better?
    > Seems that Z5 has noise problem, can it be solve?
    > thx

    Noise issues are frequently overrated. Try out both in the store to see
    which suits you better. Take pictures with each and see if you can tell
    any difference in the noise performance on normal sized print or displays.
    Ergonomic factors are important. Personally, I got the FZ20.

    David

    David J Taylor, Mar 7, 2005