    Alex.

    --
    Please replace myrealbox with alexoren to reply by email.

    Alex, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Alex

    Barry Smith Guest

    In message <bum8q3$jkrrf$-berlin.de>
    "Alex" <> wrote:

    > Greetings!
    >
    > I am compiling a FAQ on the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 and DMC-FZ2 cameras.
    >
    > So far the audience has been limited to the Panasonic forums on dpreview and Steve's digicams but, as the FAQ nears maturity, I decided that it needs more exposure.
    >
    > Please check it out at http://tinyurl.com/3gt9n but keep in mind that this is a work in progress and may contain errors or omissions.
    >
    > Any contribution or comment is welcome! Including (but not limited to) suggesting Q&A, correcting factual mistakes, commenting on advice or just proofreading.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Alex.

    An excellent project.

    Maybe it's my browser, but I can't see any left pane with "edit page"
    so I'll add my contribution(s) here.

    I have the FZ2. Page numbers in brackets refer to the paper manual.

    1. I think it's worth referring to the "35mm factor" i.e.
    the EXIF data shows the actual lens settings. In order
    to convert these to the 35mm equivalent you need to multiply
    by 7.6. E.g. EXIF 55.2mm = 420mm in 35mm terms. (page 104)

    2. The Zoom magnification shown (on the LCD or in the EVF) normally
    shows 1x to 12x. If the (3x) digital zoom facility is switched on it
    will show 1x to 36x - except when auto bracket exposure mode is
    used, when the digital zoom is limited to 2x, so the display
    would show 1x to 24x. (page 56)

    3. Except when in 'simple mode' the image stabiliser can be switched off.
    If you are using a tripod the IS may not be needed. This may reduce
    battery drain. (page 40)

    4. Burst mode. (page 64)
    High speed, 4fps, Low spped 2 fps.
    Either will give max 4 frames at 'fine quality', 7 frames at 'standard'

    Barry
    --
    One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

    Barry Smith, Jan 22, 2004