    HMC? Is it worth to buy it?

    --
    MKL

    MKL, Oct 6, 2006

  2. MKL wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I have a problem. I bought circular polarizing filter (manufacturer SELCO,
    > 10$), but camera was unable to get sharp image neither on AutoFocus nor on
    > ManualFocus. I guess poor quality of the filter was the reason... I want to
    > buy Hoya Standard polarizing filter. Is it good choice? Does any one has
    > expiriences with polarizing filters and FZ-30?
    >
    > And one more question. What You think about skylight filter (1B) Hoya Super
    > HMC? Is it worth to buy it?
    >
    > --
    > MKL

    Buy a clear UV... it won't put a color cast on your pictures as a sky
    would.

    That Selco has to be one crappy filter if you can't get a sharp image.

    Daniel Sullivan, Oct 6, 2006

  3. "MKL" <> wrote in message news:eg6epb$9sq$...
    > Hello!
    >
    > I have a problem. I bought circular polarizing filter (manufacturer SELCO,
    > 10$), but camera was unable to get sharp image neither on AutoFocus nor on
    > ManualFocus. I guess poor quality of the filter was the reason... I want to
    > buy Hoya Standard polarizing filter. Is it good choice? Does any one has
    > expiriences with polarizing filters and FZ-30?
    >
    > And one more question. What You think about skylight filter (1B) Hoya Super
    > HMC? Is it worth to buy it?
    >
    > --
    > MKL

    You should probably buy a "circular" polarizer to avoid some
    possible problems, and Hoya is a good brand for filters. For
    simple lens protection, a UV (Hoya) single-coated filter is
    fine (the and skylight offers no advantage, contrary to what
    the filter ads would try to have you believe...;-).
    --
    David Ruether

    http://www.ferrario.com/ruether

    David Ruether, Oct 6, 2006
  4. MKL

    MKL Guest

    Dnia 6 Oct 2006 14:07:03 -0700, Daniel Sullivan napisa³(a):

    > That Selco has to be one crappy filter if you can't get a sharp image.

    I found some scraps, shreds (i don't know) between filter planes. I wasn't
    trying to remove it, I simply returned it to salesman.

    --
    MKL

    MKL, Oct 7, 2006