    Cheers

    Squirrel

    "A waist is a terrible thing to mind"

    Squirrel, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Squirrel

    Brendan Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 01:25:25 +1300, Squirrel wrote:

    > The manual for this camera is about 5 million pages long, so thouhgt I
    > owuld post here on the off chance someone else has one, and might be
    > able to get me started, after that tinkering and manual reading will
    > help, but I just want to get a few decent shots to start wth

    Just use the camera yourself. Figure it out by trial and error.

    You should be able to set it to P (programmed mode, e.g. "I don't know a
    fucking thing" mode) and get mostly decent results.

    Tip: when you are a bit more familiar with it, you would be best to set the
    shutter speed to faster than a 50th of a second when shooting moving
    objects. If they are still, probably a 20th is fast enough. The mode to do
    this is Manual mode, or M on the panasonics IIRC.

    THEN look at the manual for detail. You will find a bit of familiarity with
    the camera will make the manual make more sense.

    Same goes for most things.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #185361 +(4536)- [X]

    <Fenris> My mom found me perusing bash.org and looking up quotes about
    incest, and was like OMG!
    <Fenris> Now she actually goes there regularly to make sure there aren't
    any new text words that have been searched for
    <Fenris> I saw her looking at the site yesterday, and was like, "WTF??"
    <Fenris> And she said she was just checking to see what kind of stuff I
    look at online.
    <Fenris> I swear, someday I'm just going to rape that bitch.
    <ctone> ...
    <ctone> now theres a quote for bash.org
    <Fenris> Don't you fucking dare.

    Note: All my comments are copyright 15/10/2005 3:10:18 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Oct 15, 2005

  3. Squirrel

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > The manual for this camera is about 5 million pages long, so thouhgt I
    > owuld post here on the off chance someone else has one, and might be
    > able to get me started, after that tinkering and manual reading will
    > help, but I just want to get a few decent shots to start wth
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > Squirrel
    >

    > "A waist is a terrible thing to mind"

    That was one of the reasons I chose not to buy this camera when Looking
    at cameras and thinking about how I use my 35mm all I use is the focus
    apture and shutter speed the metering I some times use my external
    metering device or the cameras one.
    Most if not all digitals are hard to set in this respect in the so
    called proconsumer range. Automatic is an option it should be so easy
    you just have to pick up the camera and aim and shoot. I like to use a
    camera in a full manual mode some times this is not an option if the
    controls are hard to use or say the ELV does not have enough resalution
    to use the manual focus.

    Robert Cooze, Oct 15, 2005