Panasonic DMR-EH55/DMR-EH65 connection

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ikke, Dec 19, 2006.

  1. Ikke

    Ikke Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I'm thinking of buying a HDD recorder, either the Panasonic DMR-EH55 or the
    DMR-EH65.

    At the moment, I have a television that can only accept a coax cable and a
    scart cable. Also, I have a DVD player (also scart) and a VCR (scart).

    I've noticed in the manual of the DMR-EH55 that this machine only uses coax
    and audio/video cable (which is marked as red-white-yellow connections) to
    connect to the TV and other devices.

    Somewhere in one of my drawers I've found a connector (scart) which has
    these three connections on the back - is it possible to connect the DMR-
    EH55 to my television this way?

    Also, is it possible to connect the VCR to the HDD recorder the same way?

    The DMR-EH65 has two scarts, but the price difference between the both is a
    bit to steep to justify buying the machine only for these scarts, imho.

    Thanks in advance,

    Ikke

    Ikke, Dec 19, 2006