    machine. Have just been playing/learning with the DVD-RAM disc that
    came with the machine. Can anyone tell me if if DVD_R discs rated
    higher than 1x are ok on this machine. Thanks.
    JandP, Jan 9, 2004

  2. JandP

    mazinz Guest

    yes you can use ones higher then 1x. I have the older dmr-hs2 deck and i have
    used 2x and 4x media in it and have never had a problem
    mazinz, Jan 9, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    JandP <> wrote:
    :Just got a DMR-E80H a couple of days ago. So far, it is an incredible
    :machine. Have just been playing/learning with the DVD-RAM disc that
    :came with the machine. Can anyone tell me if if DVD_R discs rated
    :higher than 1x are ok on this machine. Thanks.

    You *can* write to higher speed CD-R media with the DMR-E80H, but the
    writing process will still proceed at 1X, so there's little point in
    buying the higher speed media. Also, there is at least one person who
    will claim that writing to higher speed media will actually cause damage
    to the laser.

    --
    Bob Nichols AT interaccess.com I am "rnichols"
    Robert Nichols, Jan 11, 2004
  4. JandP

    Ray Guest

    Using Ritek G04 (4x) media for the last 2 months without any problems
    whatsoever.

    Ray, Jan 18, 2004
  5. JandP

    FredBillie Guest

    << From: "Ray"
    Date: Sun, Jan 18, 2004 11:40 AM

    "JandP" <> wrote in message
    > Just got a DMR-E80H a couple of days ago. So far, it is an incredible
    > machine. Have just been playing/learning with the DVD-RAM disc that
    > came with the machine. Can anyone tell me if if DVD_R discs rated
    > higher than 1x are ok on this machine. Thanks.
    >><BR><BR>

    Fuji, Verbatum, and Imation. Have also had good success with K-Hypermedia
    although some have reported problems with this media. Results on a DMR-HS2
    Panasonic.
    FredBillie, Jan 19, 2004