    Joe Guest

    Any and all reviews and opinions on these 2 machines much appreciated :)

    - Joe

    Joe, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Joe

    Eric Guest

    Hello I have the DMR E55 and it has the same dvd drive as the E85h model and
    the only difference is that the E85H has a harddisc drive built in it. As
    far as features they are both the same as well except again the E85 model
    has a harddrive and a feature that lets you transfer stuff from your
    harddrive to a disc. I would reccommend it espically if your transferrring
    vhs tapes to dvd since it has a built in Time Base Corrector and believe me
    it really works wonders for tapes.

    Eric

    Eric, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Joe

    Norm Guest

    Eric, I just got my E85H for xmas and have just done a few recordings of
    shows I watch weekly using the TV Guide. I plan to start copying my vhs
    tapes to dvd, what is the Time Base Corrector and what about it works
    wonders for tapes?

    Norm, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Joe

    Jon Purkey Guest

    On 03 Jan 2005 05:42:00 GMT, (Joe) wrote:

    >Any and all reviews and opinions on these 2 machines much appreciated :)

    If you can afford it get the E85. You will be able to record more
    programs to the hard drive without needing to swap discs. And you will
    also be able to edit programs (remove the commercials) before copying
    them to DVD-R. You can edit on the E55 too, but only with DVD-RAM
    discs. While DVD-RAM is a great format for time shift recording it is
    not an economical or very compatible format for long term storage of
    programs.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)

    Jon Purkey, Jan 3, 2005