Panasonic DMR E50EBS

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by AgentXXX, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. AgentXXX

    AgentXXX Guest

    Hi all,
    I have just purchased this machine from my local friendly retailer here in
    the UK.
    Anyone reading this in the UK may be able to help me with a question
    regarding connecting it up.
    Now what i need to know is that because i have a Digital Freeview Set top
    Box i assume that i connect the RF cable as follows like it shows you in the
    manual which is....

    Aerial to Freeview box, then from Freeview box to DVD recroder, then on to
    the TV.

    Now the problem i have is that if i want to record from the tv or Freeview
    channels i will have to keep the Freeview box switched on all the time as
    the RF signal will not pass through with the power switched off !!

    This seems a bit of a bummer as i don`t like leaving the freeview box on
    unattended as it gets hot.

    Any ideas ??? perhaps a form of RF bypass will do the job if one is
    available.

    Phil.
    AgentXXX, Jun 29, 2003