    this camera and have any strong feelings about its good/bad points?

    tia ... steve
    , Aug 6, 2006

  2. Monkee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > i'm thinking about the panasonic dmc-tz1 as a backup-handy telephoto
    > camera to throw in my bag; my main camera is a canon 5d ... anyone use
    > this camera and have any strong feelings about its good/bad points?
    >
    > tia ... steve

    Check out the new review on dpreview.com
    Monkee, Aug 6, 2006

  3. ~~NoMad~~ Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > i'm thinking about the panasonic dmc-tz1 as a backup-handy telephoto
    > camera to throw in my bag; my main camera is a canon 5d ... anyone use
    > this camera and have any strong feelings about its good/bad points?
    >
    > tia ... steve

    I have been using the TZ1 for about 4 months shooting pictures every day to
    send out on the Internet. The TZ1 is a miracle camera for me since I ride a
    dirtbike almost everywhere I go. I must have a camera that fits in a belt
    pouch for my photography to work. The TZ1 with its phenomenal zoom range
    gives me a capability I have only dreamed of in the past. I even find myself
    shooting blur free wildlife shots at 40x digital zoom which are quite
    remarkable. Although I shoot all my photos in the highest resolution mode, I
    send them out in email reduced to one megapixel so absolute image quality is
    not a great concern. Composition and Subject are the most important aspects
    to me and the TZ1 gives me a range of capability that no other camera can
    match.

    Anxiously awaiting the TZ2.

    NM
    ~~NoMad~~, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Guest

    thanks ... hadn't found that one ...

    steve

    On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 11:05:39 GMT, "Monkee" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> i'm thinking about the panasonic dmc-tz1 as a backup-handy telephoto
    >> camera to throw in my bag; my main camera is a canon 5d ... anyone use
    >> this camera and have any strong feelings about its good/bad points?
    >>
    >> tia ... steve

    >Check out the new review on dpreview.com

    , Aug 7, 2006