    looking for user comments good or bad please.

    Many thanks,
    John.

    John, Jun 12, 2008

  2. John

    Jufì Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm looking for a small (read pocketable) digital camera that shoots in
    > RAW mode. I've narrowed my choice down to a Panasonic DMC-LX2 and I'm
    > looking for user comments good or bad please.

    Great little camera with a nice wide aspect ratio. However, some users can't
    seem to live with the image quality. Best bet is to go to a review site,
    download some of the full-size sample images and judge for yourself. That
    aside, it's a well-spec'd camera with a long feature list. Lots of fun to
    use.

    Jufì, Jun 14, 2008

  3. John

    John Guest

    Jufì wrote:

    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I'm looking for a small (read pocketable) digital camera that shoots
    >> in RAW mode. I've narrowed my choice down to a Panasonic DMC-LX2 and
    >> I'm looking for user comments good or bad please.

    > Great little camera with a nice wide aspect ratio. However, some users
    > can't seem to live with the image quality. Best bet is to go to a review
    > site, download some of the full-size sample images and judge for
    > yourself. That aside, it's a well-spec'd camera with a long feature
    > list. Lots of fun to use.
    >

    >> Many thanks,
    >> John.

    Many thanks for your comments Jufi and I have already visited the review
    sites, but I did just wanted hands on, user comments to get a good cross
    section of judgement on this camera before I buy one.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jun 14, 2008
  4. On Jun 14, 7:35 pm, John <> wrote:
    > Jufì wrote:
    >
    > > "John" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi everyone,

    > >> I'm looking for a small (read pocketable) digital camera that shoots
    > >> in RAW mode. I've narrowed my choice down to a Panasonic DMC-LX2 and
    > >> I'm looking for user comments good or bad please.

    > > Great little camera with a nice wide aspect ratio. However, some users
    > > can't seem to live with the image quality. Best bet is to go to a review
    > > site, download some of the full-size sample images and judge for
    > > yourself. That aside, it's a well-spec'd camera with a long feature
    > > list. Lots of fun to use.

    > >> Many thanks,
    > >> John.

    > Many thanks for your comments Jufi and I have already visited the review
    > sites, but I did just wanted hands on, user comments to get a good cross
    > section of judgement on this camera before I buy one.

    I have LX1, and I am a satisfied user. However, I would advise you not
    to take anyone's advices on faith, and go and hold the camera in your
    hands, operate it and so on. The chances are you will form an opinion
    about this camera: you will either love it, hate it or stay
    indifferent. Loving the camera is the most important key in keeping
    the camera in use; otherwise, you will just toss it on the shelf and
    will not use it anymore inspite its spectacular specs.

    Beladi Nasrallah, Jun 15, 2008
  5. John

    John Guest

    Beladi Nasrallah wrote:
    > On Jun 14, 7:35 pm, John <> wrote:
    >> Jufì wrote:
    >>
    >>> "John" <> wrote in message
    >>> Great little camera with a nice wide aspect ratio. However, some users
    >>> can't seem to live with the image quality. Best bet is to go to a review
    >>> site, download some of the full-size sample images and judge for
    >>> yourself. That aside, it's a well-spec'd camera with a long feature
    >>> list. Lots of fun to use.

    >> Many thanks for your comments Jufi and I have already visited the review
    >> sites, but I did just wanted hands on, user comments to get a good cross
    >> section of judgement on this camera before I buy one.

    > I have LX1, and I am a satisfied user. However, I would advise you not
    > to take anyone's advices on faith, and go and hold the camera in your
    > hands, operate it and so on. The chances are you will form an opinion
    > about this camera: you will either love it, hate it or stay
    > indifferent. Loving the camera is the most important key in keeping
    > the camera in use; otherwise, you will just toss it on the shelf and
    > will not use it anymore inspite its spectacular specs.

    I have actually done that already, but it's the picture quality that
    concerns me and I was hoping someone was going to be able to comment on
    their quality.

    Thanks anyway,
    John.

    John, Jun 16, 2008