    card. Will this camera be able to utilize the speed of a high speed SD
    card?

    Thanks for any info or experiences

    dreamer, Nov 4, 2004

  2. On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:12:23 -0800, "dreamer"
    <> wrote:

    >I need to get a bigger SD card for a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 and I'm
    >wondering if I should spring for the high speed SD card, or just regular SD
    >card. Will this camera be able to utilize the speed of a high speed SD
    >card?

    I think not.

    It's difficult to be sure though. You'd exhaustive tests with
    the exact same memory module type.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.

    Hans-Georg Michna, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Hans-Georg Michna wrote:
    > On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:12:23 -0800, "dreamer"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I need to get a bigger SD card for a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 and I'm
    >> wondering if I should spring for the high speed SD card, or just
    >> regular SD card. Will this camera be able to utilize the speed of a
    >> high speed SD card?

    > I think not.
    >
    > It's difficult to be sure though. You'd exhaustive tests with
    > the exact same memory module type.
    >
    > Hans-Georg

    I believe that it /does/ make a difference on the FZ20, though. SanDisk
    Ultra II and Kingmax Platinum have been mentioned. This is not from my
    own tests, so not gospel!

    The cost difference seems minimal - we paid GPB 62.28 for 1GB.

    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 4, 2004
  4. dreamer

    Will F. Guest

    "dreamer" <> wrote in message news:<4189e484$1_2@127.0.0.1>...
    > I need to get a bigger SD card for a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 and I'm
    > wondering if I should spring for the high speed SD card, or just regular SD
    > card. Will this camera be able to utilize the speed of a high speed SD
    > card?
    >
    > Thanks for any info or experiences

    Hi,

    Yes it seems to benefit from a faster card. With a normal speed
    (2mb/sec) card a four shot burst takes about 8 secs to write to the
    card, but with my 256mb Panasonic 10mb/sec card it takes about 2
    seconds. You should probably check the dpreview.com Panasonic forum
    for comfirmation, of course. I vaguely recall that the smaller
    capacity Panasonic cards (<128mb???) aren't 10mb/sec.

    Will

    Will F., Nov 5, 2004