    Anyone know of simple software that will automate still images and the
    results burned to DVD playable on set top players?

    Mark_
    mark_digital©, Feb 9, 2006

  2. mark_digital©

    Steve Guest

    "mark_digital©" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm a new grandad (again) and it was very cool to see the pictures my
    > son-in-law Pete took displayed from his hard drive thru his Xbox to the TV
    > in a random pan and scan and also to and fro fashion. For a few pics the
    > direction of the motion made no sense, for example, a slow zoom towards

    the
    > middle of a barren floor. But overall I liked it better than solid stills

    or

    This software will do it - http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/
    Steve, Feb 9, 2006

  3. mark_digital©

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>, says

    >I'm a new grandad (again) and it was very cool to see the pictures my
    >son-in-law Pete took displayed from his hard drive thru his Xbox to the TV
    >in a random pan and scan and also to and fro fashion. For a few pics the
    >direction of the motion made no sense, for example, a slow zoom towards the
    >middle of a barren floor. But overall I liked it better than solid stills or
    >fades from one to another.
    >Anyone know of simple software that will automate still images and the
    >results burned to DVD playable on set top players?
    >
    >Mark_

    Pinnacle (now part of Avid) can do that, and a lot more. While it is basically
    a digital video editor, it can handle still images as well, plus if you ever
    get a DV camcorder... I've been using v9.4.3 for some time, and, while it has
    glitches with 1hr videos with transitions, etc. it's rock solid with stills
    and will do the burning to DVD with all controls that you will ever need.
    Version 10, and 10+ are out, and while I have 10+ in the box, I have not
    loaded it yet - seems that they released it a bit early in the "beta," so I'm
    waiting for the patches to be uploaded to their site.

    You should be able to pick up v9 (get the PLUS version) at many software
    sellers. It was a US$99 program, upon release, but I've seen it discounted to
    ~US$25, especially since 10/10+ are out.

    If you have a very old, slow, RAM-lacking machine, and are on Win OS (XP or
    later) look at the included WinMovieMaker. It was introduced at around WinME,
    but didn't become really useful, until XP. It also handles stills, but I don't
    know about the Pan/Zoom effects in it. Pinnacle Studio has those, plus tons
    more effects. Some are rather hokey, but there are some freeware packages of
    effects that offer about 95% of all of the functionality that you will ever
    need. Go to the Forum area of the Pinnacle Studio site, for links to
    downloads. I'd not buy any of the Studio add-ons, as most of the useful ones
    are available free. Plus, you can also add music to your "slide show."

    Hunt
    Hunt, Feb 9, 2006
  4. mark_digital©

    Guest

    Microsoft Photo Story 3 will do most of what you want and it is free.
    The limitations are that it can only handle a maximum of 150 picutres
    per show (you can always use Microsoft MovieMaker to glue two shows
    together) and you need to use DVD burning software that can handle WMV
    files to burn it to a DVD (I use Nero).

    - Barry
    , Feb 9, 2006
  5. mark_digital©