    installation? Any one have any experience with these gadgets?

    Thanks in advance
    John

    John Hyde, Jun 26, 2005

  2. John Hyde

    rm-rf Guest

    John,

    The wifi card will only be supplied with a driver for the PALM OS. No
    Firewall Software will come with it.
    As for Firewal for palm there is a few thirdparty options
    Credant Technologies
    Zone Alarm I think have one to.

    I use a Windows Mobile device and a Symbian Phone.
    I keep my sensitive data encrypted.

    Hope this helps.

    rm-rf, Jun 26, 2005

  3. "rm-rf" <> wrote:

    > As for Firewal for palm there is a few thirdparty options
    > Credant Technologies
    > Zone Alarm I think have one to.

    Does PalmOS actually contain any services reachable via network? If
    not, those "firewalls" are just as pointless as the virus scanners for
    PalmOS.

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    "Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are
    malevolently well informed about the United States." - J. Bartlett Brebner

    Juergen Nieveler, Jun 26, 2005
  4. John Hyde

    rm-rf Guest

    Agreeing with Juergen

    Dont think there is much to worry about

    rm-rf, Jun 26, 2005
  5. "rm-rf" <> wrote:

    > Agreeing with Juergen
    >
    > Dont think there is much to worry about

    What I'd actually worry about is Bluetooth. Bluetooth-stacks seem to be
    far more vulnerable right now that any IP-stack... it's bad enough if
    somebody can get your phonebook out of your mobile by a buggy Bluetooth
    stack, just how much worse would it be if he could get all the contents
    of your PDA?

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

    Juergen Nieveler, Jun 26, 2005
  6. John Hyde

    rm-rf Guest

    I only seen speculation about this.
    No one have ever shown me or displayed that it is possible to gain access to
    a device via bluetooth without pairing.

    I dont disagree with you Juergen, anything is possible.

    rm-rf, Jun 26, 2005
  7. "rm-rf" <> wrote:

    > I only seen speculation about this.
    > No one have ever shown me or displayed that it is possible to gain
    > access to a device via bluetooth without pairing.

    This attack sounds quite interesting:
    http://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~yash/shaked-wool-mobisys05/

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    No, I'm not suggesting anything - I'm TELLING you

    Juergen Nieveler, Jun 26, 2005