    Marsha Guest

    Anyone have Palm OS 4.1 installer or where I can find it for
    F-R-E-E-E?
    Marsha, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Marsha

    hyenapower Guest

    Marsha, downloading Palm OS 4.1 for free is illegal. You will be putting
    innocent people out of work, because you will be preventing them from
    earning their deserved money. I don't want to see you talk that way, or to
    be downloading any copywrited material illegally. Thank you for your
    understanding.

    hyenapower, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Marsha

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Marsha <> wrote in

    > Anyone have Palm OS 4.1 installer or where I can find it for
    > F-R-E-E-E?

    Sine Palm 4.1 is a commercial product, giving it to you for free would be
    stealing. Perhaps you don't understand what stealing is, or have never
    been stolen from. Don't steal, support the makers, buy the OS.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Marsha

    hyenapower Guest

    GO DEMON! YOU TELL THE THIEF!!!!!! JUST LIKE I DID! STEALING IS WRONG, HOW
    WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ROBBED!!!!!!!!!! STEALING MAKES ME SICK, AND THIEFS
    MAKE ME SICKERS!!! DONT STEAL AND TRY TO ACT ALL CUTE ABOUT IT, LIKE *MOCK*
    F-R-E-E-E? *ENDMOCK* THATS NOT CLEVER! BUY IT!!!!!!! FOR PETES SAKE

    hyenapower, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Marsha

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "hyenapower" <> wrote in

    > GO DEMON! YOU TELL THE THIEF!!!!!! JUST LIKE I DID! STEALING IS WRONG,
    > HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ROBBED!!!!!!!!!! STEALING MAKES ME SICK, AND
    > THIEFS MAKE ME SICKERS!!! DONT STEAL AND TRY TO ACT ALL CUTE ABOUT IT,
    > LIKE *MOCK* F-R-E-E-E? *ENDMOCK* THATS NOT CLEVER! BUY IT!!!!!!! FOR
    > PETES SAKE

    How about next time we try posting without all caps? It is rude
    (considered screaming) and hard to read. Thanks!

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Marsha

    Thor Guest

    "hyenapower" <> wrote in message
    > GO DEMON! YOU TELL THE THIEF!!!!!! JUST LIKE I DID! STEALING IS WRONG, HOW
    > WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ROBBED!!!!!!!!!! STEALING MAKES ME SICK, AND THIEFS
    > MAKE ME SICKERS!!! DONT STEAL AND TRY TO ACT ALL CUTE ABOUT IT, LIKE

    *MOCK*
    > F-R-E-E-E? *ENDMOCK* THATS NOT CLEVER! BUY IT!!!!!!! FOR PETES SAKE

    Yeah, like that copy of winzip you are still using well beyond the trial
    period, just because you wanted to be "naughty".

    Pot to kettle: "You are black".
    Thor, Dec 27, 2003
  7. DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > Marsha <> wrote in
    >

    >>Anyone have Palm OS 4.1 installer or where I can find it for
    >>F-R-E-E-E?

    > Sine Palm 4.1 is a commercial product, giving it to you for free would be
    > stealing. Perhaps you don't understand what stealing is, or have never
    > been stolen from. Don't steal, support the makers, buy the OS.

    I've never run across Palm OS when it wasn't embedded-what would it be
    used for & why would anyone want it who didn't have a device that
    already contained it?

    The most obvioius 'answer' would be for developing Palm applications-but
    there's a free Palm OS emulator for that.
    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 30, 2003
  8. Marsha

    Catwoman Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:38:21 -0900, Calvin Crumrine
    <> wrote:

    >DeMoN LaG wrote:
    >> Marsha <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Anyone have Palm OS 4.1 installer or where I can find it for
    >>>F-R-E-E-E?

    >> Sine Palm 4.1 is a commercial product, giving it to you for free would be
    >> stealing. Perhaps you don't understand what stealing is, or have never
    >> been stolen from. Don't steal, support the makers, buy the OS.
    >>

    >I've never run across Palm OS when it wasn't embedded-what would it be
    >used for & why would anyone want it who didn't have a device that
    >already contained it?
    >
    >The most obvioius 'answer' would be for developing Palm applications-but
    >there's a free Palm OS emulator for that.

    Calvine, I got a Palm Vx for Xmas with OS 3.5 pre-installed.. On the
    Palm website, it says the OS can be upgraded to 4.1. OS 4.1 has the
    feature where you can write notes directly on the screen (no grafitti
    or keyboard), a cool feature I want that you get with current models.
    But the OS is $40.00. Love you e-mail address "non of your...
    Is that for real?
    Catwoman, Dec 30, 2003
  9. Marsha

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Catwoman <> wrote in

    > Calvine, I got a Palm Vx for Xmas with OS 3.5 pre-installed.. On the
    > Palm website, it says the OS can be upgraded to 4.1. OS 4.1 has the
    > feature where you can write notes directly on the screen (no grafitti
    > or keyboard), a cool feature I want that you get with current models.
    > But the OS is $40.00. Love you e-mail address "non of your...
    > Is that for real?

    Great, some hard work went into making that OS with neat features, so if
    you want it you pay for it. I don't decide "Man, I'd rather drive a Ford
    Mustang than my Chevy Cavalier because the Mustang is such a great car" and
    go steal one so I don't have to pay for it. Why do people like you
    consider it different to steal software than stealing tangible items? Hard
    work went into both, and it's stealing either way.

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 30, 2003
  10. Marsha

    Thor Guest

    "Catwoman" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:38:21 -0900, Calvin Crumrine
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > >> Marsha <> wrote in

    > >> Sine Palm 4.1 is a commercial product, giving it to you for free would

    be
    > >> stealing. Perhaps you don't understand what stealing is, or have never
    > >> been stolen from. Don't steal, support the makers, buy the OS.
    > >>

    > >I've never run across Palm OS when it wasn't embedded-what would it be
    > >used for & why would anyone want it who didn't have a device that
    > >already contained it?
    > >
    > >The most obvioius 'answer' would be for developing Palm applications-but
    > >there's a free Palm OS emulator for that.

    > Calvine, I got a Palm Vx for Xmas with OS 3.5 pre-installed.. On the
    > Palm website, it says the OS can be upgraded to 4.1. OS 4.1 has the
    > feature where you can write notes directly on the screen (no grafitti
    > or keyboard), a cool feature I want that you get with current models.

    Check the various Palm freeware/shareware websites. There are 3rd party
    Palmware apps that can give your Palm the capability you want without
    upgrading the OS. I had a Palm VIIx, and I found a ton of apps online that
    can store freehand notes. Take the time to search around for them, and
    you'll find them.
    Thor, Dec 30, 2003
  11. Marsha

    Catwoman Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:46:11 -0500, "Thor" <> wrote:

    >> Calvine, I got a Palm Vx for Xmas with OS 3.5 pre-installed.. On the
    >> Palm website, it says the OS can be upgraded to 4.1. OS 4.1 has the
    >> feature where you can write notes directly on the screen (no grafitti
    >> or keyboard), a cool feature I want that you get with current models.

    >Check the various Palm freeware/shareware websites. There are 3rd party
    >Palmware apps that can give your Palm the capability you want without
    >upgrading the OS. I had a Palm VIIx, and I found a ton of apps online that
    >can store freehand notes. Take the time to search around for them, and
    >you'll find them.

    Oh, I didn't know that. I'll check that out tonite.

    See, it's these little tips that I (we all) need.

    Many thanks
    Catwoman, Dec 31, 2003
  12. Catwoman wrote:

    > On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:38:21 -0900, Calvin Crumrine
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>DeMoN LaG wrote:
    >>
    >>>Marsha <> wrote in

    >>>Sine Palm 4.1 is a commercial product, giving it to you for free would be
    >>>stealing. Perhaps you don't understand what stealing is, or have never
    >>>been stolen from. Don't steal, support the makers, buy the OS.
    >>>

    >>I've never run across Palm OS when it wasn't embedded-what would it be
    >>used for & why would anyone want it who didn't have a device that
    >>already contained it?
    >>
    >>The most obvioius 'answer' would be for developing Palm applications-but
    >>there's a free Palm OS emulator for that.

    > Calvine, I got a Palm Vx for Xmas with OS 3.5 pre-installed.. On the
    > Palm website, it says the OS can be upgraded to 4.1. OS 4.1 has the
    > feature where you can write notes directly on the screen (no grafitti
    > or keyboard), a cool feature I want that you get with current models.
    > But the OS is $40.00. Love you e-mail address "non of your...
    > Is that for real?

    On the one hand I don't like Palm charging for the upgrade. On the other
    hand it's not only their product but $40 seems pretty reasonable. And
    either way it's like Thor said, you can probably get any feature in the
    new OS via a 3rd-party app.

    The email I post is munged-it's what I use when I see no reason for
    providing my real email address, like when filling out registration
    forms. I could use a real one that's a spam trap, but I like to be up
    front about it-just in case a person reads it.
    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 31, 2003
  13. Marsha

    Catwoman Guest

    On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:09:00 -0900, Calvin Crumrine
    <> wrote:

    munged? What does that word mean?

    Thanks

    Catwoman, Jan 1, 2004
  14. Marsha

    Catwoman Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:42:24 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

    >Catwoman <> wrote in
    >
    >> Calvine, I got a Palm Vx for Xmas with OS 3.5 pre-installed.. On the
    >> Palm website, it says the OS can be upgraded to 4.1. OS 4.1 has the
    >> feature where you can write notes directly on the screen (no grafitti
    >> or keyboard), a cool feature I want that you get with current models.
    >> But the OS is $40.00. Love you e-mail address "non of your...
    >> Is that for real?
    >>

    >Great, some hard work went into making that OS with neat features, so if
    >you want it you pay for it. I don't decide "Man, I'd rather drive a Ford
    >Mustang than my Chevy Cavalier because the Mustang is such a great car" and
    >go steal one so I don't have to pay for it. Why do people like you
    >consider it different to steal software than stealing tangible items? Hard
    >work went into both, and it's stealing either way.

    FYI Sir,

    Found this on a web site regarding Palm OS Upgrade 4.1:

    Useless FlashRom

    Some PDAs have more expensive FlashROM versus cheaper staticROM. The
    advantage of using FalshROM is being able to upgrade the OS. People
    bought more expensive PDAs with FalshROM in expecting to get the
    upgrade in the future when it is available. Now, it seems people were
    paying more $$$ for Palm but themselves. Many people are finding their
    PDAs outdated after 1-2 years. When they want to upgrade, they find
    the price for OS is same as the 1-2 year old PDA, itself!!!
    Outrageous! Palm tricked users to pay more for FlashROM, making them
    to think it's for the users. In fact, it was for Palm to get more $$$
    out of user. People, you better get a Handspring which is cheaper with
    StaticROM in it. In fact, because of that, Handspring hardware is more
    compatible with older models.

    Extortion in Australian Dollars

    Hard to add to what has already been said, except to say that if you
    live in Australia, this upgrade is just over 80 clams at present and
    it is a bit embarassing to see Palm go down this road. Hyped gimmickry
    for premium dollars. Not a loyalty-building step.
    Catwoman, Jan 1, 2004
  15. Marsha

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Catwoman <> wrote in

    > Hard to add to what has already been said, except to say that if you
    > live in Australia, this upgrade is just over 80 clams at present and
    > it is a bit embarassing to see Palm go down this road. Hyped gimmickry
    > for premium dollars. Not a loyalty-building step.

    Why? I don't get your argument. I have a Palm Vx, that came with Palm OS
    3.something or other. They gave me a free upgrade to the latest 3.x OS.
    if I wanted 4.x, I have to pay. It's their business, you don't like it,
    take your money to a different PDA maker.

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 1, 2004
  16. DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > Catwoman <> wrote in
    >

    >>Hard to add to what has already been said, except to say that if you
    >>live in Australia, this upgrade is just over 80 clams at present and
    >>it is a bit embarassing to see Palm go down this road. Hyped gimmickry
    >>for premium dollars. Not a loyalty-building step.

    > Why? I don't get your argument. I have a Palm Vx, that came with Palm OS
    > 3.something or other. They gave me a free upgrade to the latest 3.x OS.
    > if I wanted 4.x, I have to pay. It's their business, you don't like it,
    > take your money to a different PDA maker.

    I've seen similar 'guarantees' in multi-thousand dollar maintenance
    contracts. The vendor guarantees that you will be able to upgrade-but
    they don't guarantee that the upgrade will be free. Chalk it up to
    experience-let the buyer beware.

    My last experience with that was a $20,000 application. Our maintenance
    contract did guarantee us free upgrades-so the vendor changed the name &
    called it a new product. Our contract did *not* guarantee us an
    'upgrade' to a new product-even though that was the only 'upgrade' path
    the vendor offered. Stuck for another $20K.

    BTW-note to Palm-learn from that vendor's experience. We are now working
    feverishly to change our applications so we no longer rely on that
    vendor. Their actions gained them an extra $20K-and maybe another $10K
    beyond depending on how soon we can get everything moved. But it lost
    them a long-term revenue stream that, conservatively, would have been
    worth $50K-100K in present value.
    Calvin Crumrine, Jan 2, 2004