    x32, but that is tedious and gets to be a pain....
    Thanks,
    Tim

    Tim, Sep 6, 2005

  2. No workaround available, its in the palms of Palm.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Tim

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:02:53 -0700, "Andre Da Costa" <>
    wrote:

    >No workaround available, its in the palms of Palm.

    Yes. Harass them. I am e-mailing them once a month,
    asking if there is any hope on x64-support.
    The more people ask, the better chance we'll get it.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 6, 2005
  4. I have a ViewSonic v37 Pocket PC, so need to bother them. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 6, 2005
  5. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Yeah, my Dell Axim PC works fine in x64, also. It would seem that Palm
    could easily write the necessary code to make their Palms work in the x64
    OS, no???
    Thanks, Tim

    Tim, Sep 7, 2005
  6. Tim

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:42:47 -0400, "Tim" <> wrote:

    >It would seem that Palm
    >could easily write the necessary code to make their Palms work in the x64
    >OS, no???

    That seems to be a tremendous problem though :( I just have the feeling the
    Palm-market seems to be fading out, so I don't see it happen, but I hope I
    am wrong.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 7, 2005
  7. "Tim" wrote:

    > I would like to use Palm Desktop in Win XP x64, but the Palm download site
    > says it will not run in x64 version. Anybody have a workaround? I use it to
    > sync with many Palm PDAs and really use the program. I always can boot to
    > x32, but that is tedious and gets to be a pain....
    > Thanks,
    > Tim

    I got the following from another group. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

    ----------------------------------
    I've got HotSync working fine now, bought a cheap USB>Bluetooth adapter and
    use that to sync, as there's no x64 USB driver for Palm.

    I get that install problem with a lot of programs, here's how I get around it:

    Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services

    Scroll down to Windows Installer, double click it. Select the text in the
    "Path to Executible" field (Probably: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe /V)

    Click Start>Run. Enter Regedit, click ok.

    Click Edit>Find...

    Paste in the text from the Services panel.

    When you get to that entry in your registry, change the location to:
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /V

    Close regedit. Go back to the Services pane, reopen Windows Installer. It
    should now show the new location. Stop and restart the service.

    Now install from the Palm CD, all should be well. The next time you get this
    problem, go back through the same procedure but change the location back to
    the old one (C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe /V)

    Seems to work almost every time.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=, Sep 18, 2005