    I've got a pal (australian) movie I want to copy to NTSC format. Can this
    be done and with what?

    Mickey
    Mickey Mouse, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Mickey Mouse

    unclejr Guest

    Mickey Mouse wrote:
    > I've got a pal (australian) movie I want to copy to NTSC format. Can this
    > be done and with what?

    In a word: yes.

    Google is your friend. HTH. HAND.

    -Junior
    unclejr, Jan 27, 2006

  3. Mickey Mouse

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    > Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >> I've got a pal (australian) movie I want to copy to NTSC format. Can
    >> this
    >> be done and with what?

    > In a word: yes.
    >
    > Google is your friend. HTH. HAND.
    >
    > -Junior

    COULD YOU BE A BIT MORE SPECIFIC? Your reply is not clear.

    Mickey
    Mickey Mouse, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Mickey Mouse

    Jay G. Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:38:44 +1100, Mickey Mouse wrote:

    > "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    >> Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >>> I've got a pal (australian) movie I want to copy to NTSC format. Can
    >>> this
    >>> be done and with what?

    >> In a word: yes.
    >>
    >> Google is your friend. HTH. HAND.
    >>

    > COULD YOU BE A BIT MORE SPECIFIC? Your reply is not clear.

    "Google is your friend" is in reference to the search engine www.google.com
    and an implication to use it yourself.

    For example, typing "convert PAL to NTSC" provides this as the first link:
    http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?howtoselect=4;41

    -Jay
    Jay G., Jan 27, 2006
  5. Mickey Mouse

    Justin Guest

    Mickey Mouse wrote on [Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:38:44 +1100]:

    > "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    >> Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >>> I've got a pal (australian) movie I want to copy to NTSC format. Can
    >>> this
    >>> be done and with what?

    >> In a word: yes.
    >>
    >> Google is your friend. HTH. HAND.
    >>
    >> -Junior
    >>

    > COULD YOU BE A BIT MORE SPECIFIC? Your reply is not clear.

    Looks pretty clear to me.

    how about
    http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
    Justin, Jan 27, 2006
  6. Mickey Mouse

    P Pron Guest

    Justin wrote:
    || Mickey Mouse wrote on [Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:38:44 +1100]:
    ||| "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    ||| COULD YOU BE A BIT MORE SPECIFIC? Your reply is not clear.
    || Looks pretty clear to me.
    || how about
    || http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

    Clear to me, too - there are at least three people on this group whose aim
    is to be unhelpful, if at all possible

    paul
    P Pron, Jan 28, 2006
  7. Mickey Mouse

    kaboom Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:20:51 +1100, "Mickey Mouse"
    <> wrote:

    >I've got a pal (australian) movie I want to copy to NTSC format. Can this
    >be done and with what?

    **What's the media, tape or DVD? If it's a DVD, there are cheap-o
    players on the market that will convert PAL to NTSC on-the-fly and you
    can play the DVD on your regular NTSC TV. They do have to have the
    region changed and for many of them, it's just a simply sequence of
    numbers pressed on the remote. If it's a pressed, commercial DVD, you
    won't be able to make a copy unless you also have something that will
    defeat Macrovision (if it happens to be copy-protected).

    If you have just the one tape, it might just be easier to find a
    service that will convert it to the media of your choice for a fee.
    There are multisystem VCRs available but they usually need an
    additional PAL to NTSC converter which can be expensive.

    I have no affiliation with the following site (I did purchase a VCR
    and converter from them a year ago though), I'm just posting it
    because it's lets you know what's out there and is pretty good for
    reference.

    http://www.world-import.com/

    kaboomie
    kaboom, Jan 28, 2006
  8. Mickey Mouse

    Jay G. Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 05:41:41 -0000, P Pron wrote:

    > Justin wrote:
    >|| Looks pretty clear to me.
    >|| how about
    >|| http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
    >
    > Clear to me, too - there are at least three people on this group whose aim
    > is to be unhelpful, if at all possible

    ┬┤Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and
    you have fed him for a lifetime"

    -Jay
    Jay G., Jan 29, 2006
  9. Mickey Mouse

    Justin Guest

    P Pron wrote on [Sat, 28 Jan 2006 05:41:41 -0000]:
    > Justin wrote:
    >|| Looks pretty clear to me.
    >|| how about
    >|| http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
    >
    > Clear to me, too - there are at least three people on this group whose aim
    > is to be unhelpful, if at all possible

    http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/search.pl?query=dvd pal to ntsc

    better?
    Justin, Jan 30, 2006