PAL to NTSC with Adobe Mpeg converter - burning dvds

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Joan, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Joan

    Joan Guest

    I have mov files of animations created entirely on the computer that I
    converted to Mpeg 2 files using Adobe's Mpeg converter 1.2 in Premiere
    6.5 - in both Pal and NTSC.

    However when I create a DVD using my HP dvd burner and DVD architect,
    the Pal DVD + plays fine in my Sony (305) DVD player.

    But the NTSC DVD (+) I burn plays in poor resolution, and in B&W. My
    computer DVD player plays both the Pal and NTSC DVD plays fine.

    The component Sony DVD player is supposed to play in both NTSC and
    Pal, and has played both in the past (automatically converting modes).
    My TV works with both modes.

    Any suggestions? I need to send NTSC DVD's overseas to the USA.

    Thank you in advance,

    Joan
    Joan, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Joan

    Moldy Guest

    On 16 Sep 2003 22:58:33 -0700, (Joan) wrote:

    >I have mov files of animations created entirely on the computer that I
    >converted to Mpeg 2 files using Adobe's Mpeg converter 1.2 in Premiere
    >6.5 - in both Pal and NTSC.
    >
    >However when I create a DVD using my HP dvd burner and DVD architect,
    >the Pal DVD + plays fine in my Sony (305) DVD player.
    >
    >But the NTSC DVD (+) I burn plays in poor resolution, and in B&W. My
    >computer DVD player plays both the Pal and NTSC DVD plays fine.
    >
    >The component Sony DVD player is supposed to play in both NTSC and
    >Pal, and has played both in the past (automatically converting modes).
    >My TV works with both modes.

    Have you changed any cabling set-up on the DVD/TV since last playing
    an NTSC disc? You need to be cabled up with a fully loaded RGB Scart.

    --

    Moldy

    The only difference between crap and art, is that art has brass name plates below it
    Moldy, Sep 17, 2003

  3. "Joan" <> wrote in message
    | I have mov files of animations created entirely on the computer that I
    | converted to Mpeg 2 files using Adobe's Mpeg converter 1.2 in Premiere
    | 6.5 - in both Pal and NTSC.
    |
    | However when I create a DVD using my HP dvd burner and DVD architect,
    | the Pal DVD + plays fine in my Sony (305) DVD player.
    |
    | But the NTSC DVD (+) I burn plays in poor resolution, and in B&W. My
    | computer DVD player plays both the Pal and NTSC DVD plays fine.
    |
    | The component Sony DVD player is supposed to play in both NTSC and
    | Pal, and has played both in the past (automatically converting modes).
    | My TV works with both modes.
    |
    | Any suggestions? I need to send NTSC DVD's overseas to the USA.

    I have recently tested playing a non-Region (Region 0) PAL DVD in several
    set-top (component) NTSC (US) DVD players, and all played it very well.

    JaF
    Just a friend, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Joan

    Jason R. Guest

    "Moldy" <> wrote in message
    > On 16 Sep 2003 22:58:33 -0700, (Joan) wrote:
    >
    > >I have mov files of animations created entirely on the computer that I
    > >converted to Mpeg 2 files using Adobe's Mpeg converter 1.2 in Premiere
    > >6.5 - in both Pal and NTSC.
    > >
    > >However when I create a DVD using my HP dvd burner and DVD architect,
    > >the Pal DVD + plays fine in my Sony (305) DVD player.
    > >
    > >But the NTSC DVD (+) I burn plays in poor resolution, and in B&W. My
    > >computer DVD player plays both the Pal and NTSC DVD plays fine.
    > >
    > >The component Sony DVD player is supposed to play in both NTSC and
    > >Pal, and has played both in the past (automatically converting modes).
    > >My TV works with both modes.

    > Have you changed any cabling set-up on the DVD/TV since last playing
    > an NTSC disc? You need to be cabled up with a fully loaded RGB Scart.

    I have a similar problem. I used rca cords to conect the cable. What is is
    "RGB Scart"?

    Jason R., Sep 18, 2003
  5. Jason R. wrote:

    > I have a similar problem. I used rca cords to conect the cable. What
    > is is "RGB Scart"?

    It's a 21pin connector used in Europe. It carries all the signal
    combinations including widescreen switching.

    --
    www.g-lightfoot.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
    Please remove the spam trap from my email addy to reply.
    Gary Lightfoot, Sep 18, 2003