    RB Guest

    I was able to change the region code, but my player still won't accept
    PAL DVD's. Any suggestions?

    RB, Mar 5, 2004

  2. RB

    MickAugust Guest

    How did You change the region code?

    I just bought one last night and popped in a British PAL disc and it played
    automatically with no trouble. I'm not sure what the region code was, but I
    ASSUME it's R2 cos all Brit discs are, right? Yet the player specs say it only
    plays R1 (?). The inner ring of the disc definitely has "PAL" etched into it.

    Mick

    MickAugust, Mar 5, 2004

  3. RB

    Lithurge Guest

    (MickAugust) wrote in

    > How did You change the region code?
    >
    > I just bought one last night and popped in a British PAL
    > disc and it played automatically with no trouble. I'm not
    > sure what the region code was, but I ASSUME it's R2 cos all
    > Brit discs are, right? Yet the player specs say it only
    > plays R1 (?). The inner ring of the disc definitely has
    > "PAL" etched into it.
    >
    > Mick

    What's the title you tried? As with any area a disc may be R0
    which will play (technically) in any machine, irrespective of
    the video format.

    The problem for the OP may be that either the DVD Player
    needs to be set to output the PAL signal, or their TV is
    can't accept a PAL signal.

    Lithurge, Mar 5, 2004
  4. RB

    Lithurge Guest

    (RB) wrote in

    > I was able to change the region code, but my player still
    > won't accept PAL DVD's. Any suggestions?

    What is it actually doing?

    Are you saying you put a non R1(?) title in & it still says the
    region code is incorrect or is it that you don't get a picture
    on the TV?

    If the former you probably haven't set the multiregion up
    correctly.

    If the latter have you set the format output on the DVD player,
    and if you have is your TV capable of accepting a PAL signal?

    Lithurge, Mar 5, 2004
  5. RB

    Justin Guest

    Lithurge wrote on [5 Mar 2004 19:18:47 GMT]:
    > (RB) wrote in
    >
    >> I was able to change the region code, but my player still
    >> won't accept PAL DVD's. Any suggestions?

    > What is it actually doing?
    >
    > Are you saying you put a non R1(?) title in & it still says the
    > region code is incorrect or is it that you don't get a picture
    > on the TV?
    >
    > If the former you probably haven't set the multiregion up
    > correctly.
    >
    > If the latter have you set the format output on the DVD player,
    > and if you have is your TV capable of accepting a PAL signal?

    And here I thought the whole point of the cyberhome players was that
    they converted from PAL to NTSC.

    Justin, Mar 5, 2004
  6. RB

    Lithurge Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > Lithurge wrote on [5 Mar 2004 19:18:47 GMT]:
    >> (RB) wrote in
    >>
    >>> I was able to change the region code, but my player still
    >>> won't accept PAL DVD's. Any suggestions?

    >> What is it actually doing?
    >>
    >> Are you saying you put a non R1(?) title in & it still
    >> says the region code is incorrect or is it that you don't
    >> get a picture on the TV?
    >>
    >> If the former you probably haven't set the multiregion up
    >> correctly.
    >>
    >> If the latter have you set the format output on the DVD
    >> player, and if you have is your TV capable of accepting a
    >> PAL signal?

    > And here I thought the whole point of the cyberhome players
    > was that they converted from PAL to NTSC.

    Just love people who think they're funny but hide behind x-no
    archive.

    I think you'll find the 'whole point' is they play DVD's.
    Converting is an added bonus, and even if they are capable of
    doing it, it doesn't mean they do it out if the box without
    settings being changed.

    Come back when you have something interesting & useful to
    say.

    Lithurge, Mar 5, 2004
  7. RB

    RB Guest

    Lithurge <> wrote in message news:<Xns94A3C806CEF63ds34543dsffds@130.133.1.4>...
    > Justin <> wrote in
    >
    > > Lithurge wrote on [5 Mar 2004 19:18:47 GMT]:
    > >> (RB) wrote in

    > >> What is it actually doing?
    > >>
    > >> Are you saying you put a non R1(?) title in & it still
    > >> says the region code is incorrect or is it that you don't
    > >> get a picture on the TV?
    > >>
    > >> If the former you probably haven't set the multiregion up
    > >> correctly.
    > >>
    > >> If the latter have you set the format output on the DVD
    > >> player, and if you have is your TV capable of accepting a
    > >> PAL signal?

    > > And here I thought the whole point of the cyberhome players
    > > was that they converted from PAL to NTSC.
    > >

    > Just love people who think they're funny but hide behind x-no
    > archive.
    >
    > I think you'll find the 'whole point' is they play DVD's.
    > Converting is an added bonus, and even if they are capable of
    > doing it, it doesn't mean they do it out if the box without
    > settings being changed.
    >
    > Come back when you have something interesting & useful to
    > say.

    Thanks for all the input. I have an old TV which I can only hook up to
    my DVD player using an RF converter. Interestingly, I needed to unplug
    the RF converter when loading the R2 Pal DVD, and it worked. Before
    actualling unplugging the cinch cables, the player would not read the
    DVD although it was switched to R2 (it was still set to NTSC in the
    menu) - after doing that it was set to PAL. I am not an electrical
    engineer, somebody else will have an explanation for this. However, it
    works now and I can watch my German DVD's. If anyone has similar
    issues, this might be a solution.

    RB, Mar 6, 2004