    DVDfanatico
    www.KnightLanguages.com
    The Foreign Language Supersite

    DVDfanatico, Jan 12, 2005

  2. DVDfanatico

    Bratboy Guest

    My understanding is Pal/NTSC isnt actually affected by region code it has to
    do with the vid format, as Pal n NTSC are slightly diff in size and such.
    Just changing the region code won't help as that just prevents viewing in
    other regions so just changing from say R2 to R1 or R0(all regions) won't
    change the movies format. To do that you would need to use something like
    TMpeg to convert Pal to NTSC.. You might try using something like DVDShrink
    and make a non region pal disc and see if your player/tv can handle it but
    unlikely. I had one old player that was able to put out a viewable Pal
    format but image doesnt fill screen like a NTSC ver would of.

    Bratboy, Jan 12, 2005

  3. DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico Guest

    Well, one of my players is the Norcent DP-1950 and it plays PAL discs fine but
    I haven't been able to find a region hack for it yet.

    DVDfanatico, Jan 13, 2005
  4. DVDfanatico

    Bratboy Guest

    Well it probaly won't work but this thread talks about doing it with the
    1800, maybe same steps would work for you its here
    http://www.nerd-out.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=137400&sid=cf206e3c3709feb0f3f96567f3b306be .
    Can't hurt to at least give it a shot if you havent already tried it.
    Cheers

    Bratboy, Jan 13, 2005
  5. DVDfanatico

    Bratboy Guest

    Followup. Do you have a multi region burner? By that I mean a computer drive
    that can read all regions? If so then use a program called dvdshrink, can
    get for free at dvdshrink.org, and just run shrink and tell it to make it
    region free. Then use something like nero to burn the DVD. Since your player
    handles both Pal & NTSC you just need RP gone.

    Bratboy, Jan 13, 2005