    Ðaz ©. Guest

    how do I get paint shop pro to save as jpg as default instead of it trying
    to save as psp file everytime?tia

    Ðaz ©., Dec 28, 2003

  2. Ðaz ©.

    °Mike° Guest

    Paint Shop Pro saves in the format of the current file. It only
    defaults to psp when it's a new image, which you have to
    choose a filename for, anyway, so what's the problem?

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:33:41 -0000, in
    <cTIHb.12233$>
    Ðaz ©. scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 28, 2003

  3. Ðaz ©.

    Boomer Guest

    "Ðaz ©." <bitemy@.ss.com> wrote in

    > how do I get paint shop pro to save as jpg as default instead of
    > it trying to save as psp file everytime?tia

    You might want to wander over to
    comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

    It was answered over there a few days ago IIRC. If you don't see the
    threads for that Q & A you might ask there and be sure to let them know
    what version of PSP you use.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Hope this helps.

    Boomer, Dec 28, 2003
  4. Ðaz ©. wrote:

    >how do I get paint shop pro to save as jpg as default instead of it trying
    >to save as psp file everytime?tia

    PSP 7: File - Preferences - General Program Preferences - Dialogs and
    Palettes - Check "Remember last type used in file save-as dialog"
    PSP 8: File - Preferences - General Program Preferences - Display and
    Caching - Check "Re-use last type in file save-as dialog"
    You'll have to save the first one as JPG before it remembers the last
    set format.

    Bill Schnakenberg, Dec 28, 2003
  5. Ðaz ©.

    Patrick Guest

    Ðaz ©. wrote:
    > how do I get paint shop pro to save as jpg as default instead of it
    > trying to save as psp file everytime?tia

    I use 'PhotoShop5LE'
    Try use the 'Flatten' command on the 'Layers' menu.
    (perhaps the 'Merge-Layers' command also/or)

    The reason being, is that PS is considering your picture as layer1
    (foreground) and layer2 (background) of a picture, therefore multi-layered
    picture can not be saved as jpg/bmp, thus it must be saved as a 'PSD'.

    The 'Flatten Layers' (or perhaps 'Merge Layers') command make all the layers
    (foreground and background) merge into one-layer, thus makeing it possible
    to save as a jpg/bmp.

    Patrick, Dec 29, 2003
  6. Ðaz ©.

    Ðaz ©. Guest

    have found the answer to the problem thanks, any new or modified image is
    default to psp image, I checked the save as last saved file type on
    preferences and its now sorted,thanks to all concerned

    Ðaz ©., Dec 29, 2003
  7. Ðaz ©.

    ajzback247

    Joined:
    May 8, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Only one person answered the question

    Thank you Bill Schnakenberg, for being the only person answering the question! :congrats:

    What's up with the rest of you? Mike, if you have nothing to offer, stay off the forums. "What's the problem?" is not a suitable answer and helps no one. You just answered to post a back-link to your website. After the answer you gave, I sure wouldn't use your services! DUH! OOOPS, no one else did either. Apparently you are out of business.

    Similarly, Boomer, your answer was worthless. If you know the answer, then why not just offer it? Another back-link seeker? GEEZ.

    Patrick? Stay off the internet Patrick. Did you actually TRY your proposed method?

    All of you need to stay off the forums if you don't have answers.

    ajzback247, May 8, 2011
  8. Ðaz ©.

    inotio11

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Mike,

    Tia obviously needs help and had a reasonable question.

    The problem is that a default obviously saves a step for each file needing to be named. In my my case, today alone, changing to a specific default saved making a repetitive selection over 42 times on the first job of the day. I merely happened to be perusing this forum today to see what problems people were having. The helpful answer came from Bill Schnakenberg, further down the list, who showed the steps for PSP 7 & 8. Thanks go to Bill for helping Tia.

    Most people on these forums are helpful out of their propensity to be of service, so, the problem? People who "know everything" but do not help. Where do YOU fit in?

    inotio

    inotio11, Aug 4, 2013
  9. Ðaz ©.

    inotio11

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    I blew it entirely. I did 2 things wrong: [1] Didn't check the dates [2] Didn't notice Ajzback247's reply. Mine became redundant and a waste of the readers' time. I apologize.

    inotio11, Aug 4, 2013