    Just curious,
    DonB

    , Apr 11, 2005

  2. Ken Weitzel Guest

    wrote:
    > When I use the one step photo fix function, I notice the altered image
    > file is half or smaller than the size of the original. But of course
    > much improved.
    > Has the program removed lot's of useless artifacts, what has gone?
    > Can't find anything in the help files.
    > Just curious,
    > DonB

    Hi Don...

    The series of changes effected by the one step photo fix
    actually added much more detail to the pic; so if you
    saved it in compressed format it should have been much
    larger, if anything.

    Suspect what you're doing is saving the changed pic as a
    jpeg; and you have the jpeg default compression level much
    too high.

    As an experiment, just before saving your next, click on
    save as rather than save; choose jpeg (if it isn't already);
    then before saving click options. Note that you can then
    (many ways) choose the compression level.

    Hope that helps, just a bit. Holler if you want more :)

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Guest

    Thanks a lot Ken. I played around as you suggested, and It all makes
    sense!
    Interestingly, on this image the program optimizer gives 20%
    compression factor, and that file at 200% enlargement was
    indistinguishable from an uncompressed file when printed. The optimizer
    must be very clever!
    DonB

    , Apr 11, 2005
  4. Marvin Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks a lot Ken. I played around as you suggested, and It all makes
    > sense!
    > Interestingly, on this image the program optimizer gives 20%
    > compression factor, and that file at 200% enlargement was
    > indistinguishable from an uncompressed file when printed. The optimizer
    > must be very clever!
    > DonB

    When you save as a .jpg in PSP, look for the box that offers options, so you can experiment with
    different compressions and see the effects. You'll get a better feel that way about what
    compression works best for you.

    Marvin, Apr 11, 2005