    Btw, when I move the indow containing the captured image, the image stays
    still and the window pans around it, never seen that before...???

    TIA for any help

    Bristo, Feb 26, 2004

  2. "Bristo" <> wrote in message
    news:403e2a6c$0$6842$...
    > I am trying to make a label for a home produced DVD. Using PowerDVD and
    > PaintShop Pro 8 I have managed to capture a screen image of the part I

    want
    > to use but I can't do anything with it. It saves as a blank image, altho
    > it's there on the screen. I have tried the various combinations of layers
    > but with no luck. Can anyone tell me how to convert this into a gif or

    jpg
    > image I can then save and edit later?
    > Btw, when I move the indow containing the captured image, the image stays
    > still and the window pans around it, never seen that before...???
    >
    > TIA for any help

    The dvd image is an overlay so you are capturing the image behind it. (I
    think)
    In your dvd program, there will be a button you can press that will capture
    the image and save it to your hard drive.

    Gaz

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Feb 26, 2004

  3. Bristo

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Bristo wrote:
    > I am trying to make a label for a home produced DVD. Using PowerDVD
    > and PaintShop Pro 8 I have managed to capture a screen image of the
    > part I want to use but I can't do anything with it. It saves as a
    > blank image, altho it's there on the screen. I have tried the
    > various combinations of layers but with no luck. Can anyone tell me
    > how to convert this into a gif or jpg image I can then save and edit
    > later?
    > Btw, when I move the indow containing the captured image, the image
    > stays still and the window pans around it, never seen that
    > before...???
    >
    > TIA for any help

    You can't capture images from a movie using alt-print screen and then save
    it to jpeg or gif, has nothing to do with PSP.
    You have to use a utilty, the saved bitmap can be imported in PSP and
    converted to jpeg. Go here: http://snipurl.com/4qv5

    Dr. Bill, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Bristo

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:40:11 +0100, in
    <403e3d2a$0$12846$>
    Dr. Bill scrawled:

    >Bristo wrote:
    >> I am trying to make a label for a home produced DVD. Using PowerDVD
    >> and PaintShop Pro 8 I have managed to capture a screen image of the
    >> part I want to use but I can't do anything with it. It saves as a
    >> blank image, altho it's there on the screen. I have tried the
    >> various combinations of layers but with no luck. Can anyone tell me
    >> how to convert this into a gif or jpg image I can then save and edit
    >> later?
    >> Btw, when I move the indow containing the captured image, the image
    >> stays still and the window pans around it, never seen that
    >> before...???
    >>
    >> TIA for any help

    >You can't capture images from a movie using alt-print screen and then save
    >it to jpeg or gif, has nothing to do with PSP.
    >You have to use a utilty, the saved bitmap can be imported in PSP and
    >converted to jpeg. Go here: http://snipurl.com/4qv5

    Just out of curiosity, what is the point of a 'snipurl.com' link
    for http://www.fileheaven.com ?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Bristo

    Dr. Bill Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:40:11 +0100, in
    > <403e3d2a$0$12846$>
    > Dr. Bill scrawled:
    >
    >> Bristo wrote:
    >>> I am trying to make a label for a home produced DVD. Using PowerDVD
    >>> and PaintShop Pro 8 I have managed to capture a screen image of the
    >>> part I want to use but I can't do anything with it. It saves as a
    >>> blank image, altho it's there on the screen. I have tried the
    >>> various combinations of layers but with no luck. Can anyone tell me
    >>> how to convert this into a gif or jpg image I can then save and edit
    >>> later?
    >>> Btw, when I move the indow containing the captured image, the image
    >>> stays still and the window pans around it, never seen that
    >>> before...???
    >>>
    >>> TIA for any help

    >> You can't capture images from a movie using alt-print screen and
    >> then save it to jpeg or gif, has nothing to do with PSP.
    >> You have to use a utilty, the saved bitmap can be imported in PSP and
    >> converted to jpeg. Go here: http://snipurl.com/4qv5

    > Just out of curiosity, what is the point of a 'snipurl.com' link
    > for http://www.fileheaven.com ?

    It got redirected, I guess, try again.
    http://www.fileheaven.com/Video-Capturix-Suite/download/10917.htm
    or
    http://snipurl.com/4qxl

    Dr. Bill, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Bristo

    Bristo Guest

    "Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <> wrote in
    message news:c1lcgh$1jscs2$-berlin.de...

    > "Bristo" <> wrote in message
    > > I am trying to make a label for a home produced DVD. Using PowerDVD and
    > > PaintShop Pro 8 I have managed to capture a screen image of the part I

    > want
    > > to use but I can't do anything with it. It saves as a blank image,

    altho
    > > it's there on the screen. I have tried the various combinations of

    layers
    > > but with no luck. Can anyone tell me how to convert this into a gif or

    > jpg
    > > image I can then save and edit later?
    > > Btw, when I move the indow containing the captured image, the image

    stays
    > > still and the window pans around it, never seen that before...???
    > >
    > > TIA for any help
    > >

    > The dvd image is an overlay so you are capturing the image behind it. (I
    > think)
    > In your dvd program, there will be a button you can press that will

    capture
    > the image and save it to your hard drive.
    >
    > Gaz

    Thanks Gaz, why didn't I think of that??? PowerDVD does have a save frame
    option and it worked fine (once I found it!)

    p.s. I wasn't using print screen to capture the image, I was using PSP's
    screen capture utility which usually works, obviously not for DVD's tho, we
    live and learn.

    Thanks again

    Bristo, Feb 26, 2004
  7. Bristo

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:18:15 +0100, in
    <403e5427$0$11498$>
    Dr. Bill scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:40:11 +0100, in
    >> <403e3d2a$0$12846$>
    >> Dr. Bill scrawled:

    >>> You can't capture images from a movie using alt-print screen and
    >>> then save it to jpeg or gif, has nothing to do with PSP.
    >>> You have to use a utilty, the saved bitmap can be imported in PSP and
    >>> converted to jpeg. Go here: http://snipurl.com/4qv5

    >> Just out of curiosity, what is the point of a 'snipurl.com' link
    >> for http://www.fileheaven.com ?

    >It got redirected, I guess, try again.
    >http://www.fileheaven.com/Video-Capturix-Suite/download/10917.htm
    >or