    could also be in another mode so long as it is in color. Anyone have
    any info on who might be able to do something like that?

    Thanks
    Art Santella, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Just about anything out there will handle that.

    You really did not tell us much.

    What you are taking the photos of and under what conditions could make a
    difference.

    How much if any photographic experience you have would be helpful to
    know.

    Are you looking for advice about a camera, printer ???

    Again guessing about what you need, I would suggest an inexpensive P&S
    (Point and shoot) digital camera of 0.5 to 2 megs. If you don't need any
    serious post exposure processing, you can get a printer that can read the
    images directly from the memory card or the camera so you can make your
    prints quick and easy.

    You may prefer to have the printing done commercially. Many places will
    make prints for you. Wal-Mart is one.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Art Santella

    Guest

    Art,

    If I had to do it, I would scan the photo at a resolution to get
    32 x 40" and then use Picture Publisher to create a water color
    of it. Send that out for a print.
    My oil painting samples were not as good as water color.

    Gene http://www.photoprojects.net

    Art Santella wrote:

    > I would like to have a painting made from a photograph. The photo
    > would be 8 X 10 the painting would have to be about 32 X 40. It
    > could also be in another mode so long as it is in color. Anyone have
    > any info on who might be able to do something like that?
    >
    > Thanks
    , Sep 1, 2003
  4. It seems ZZ and I read your question two different ways. Maybe you
    should clarify exactly what you want. Are you looking for a real painting
    made or a photographic image made to look like a painting?

    Joseph Meehan, Sep 1, 2003
  5. I think Art is referring to a Giclee print.

    See site:

    http://www.gicleeprint.net/nyc/detail.shtm

    http://www.gicleeprint.net

    Or do a google search on "Giclee prints".

    Monica Krowley, Sep 4, 2003