    advise how I can save edited images to .psp format? The 'Save As' option
    gives every format under the sun, but not .psp. If I simply use the 'Save'
    option, the image remains as jpeg and has not changed to .psp. Thanks.

    John Lee, May 30, 2004

  2. John Lee

    dylan Guest

    Why do you want .psp ?. Why not use .tif , presumably you want lossless
    saving, and other programs can read them. Alternatively set to jpg options
    to 1% compression.

    dylan, May 30, 2004

  3. In article <vapuc.515$ps4.408@newsfe3-gui>, says...
    > I am using an early version of PaintShop Pro v 4.15SE. Can anyone please
    > advise how I can save edited images to .psp format? The 'Save As' option
    > gives every format under the sun, but not .psp. If I simply use the 'Save'
    > option, the image remains as jpeg and has not changed to .psp. Thanks.

    PSP format came in when Paintshop started supporting layers. Which I think was in V5..

    T.
    --
    Please Tony, NO!! You'd look dreadful in a basque and fishnets..

    Tony Gartshore, May 30, 2004
  4. John Lee

    mortn Guest

    John Lee wrote:
    > I am using an early version of PaintShop Pro v 4.15SE. Can anyone please
    > advise how I can save edited images to .psp format? The 'Save As' option
    > gives every format under the sun, but not .psp. If I simply use the 'Save'
    > option, the image remains as jpeg and has not changed to .psp. Thanks.

    I would urge an upgrade to version 8.1. Not only does it support the.psp format, but it
    has some really great features (even more than Photoshop). PSP is a wonderful, easy to
    use program that can compete with anything out there, at a much lower price. Try it -
    You'll like it! I love it.

    P.S. I don't work for JASC. Just a very satisfied user.

    mortn, Jun 1, 2004
  5. John Lee

    Jeremy Guest

    "John Lee" <> wrote in message
    > I am using an early version of PaintShop Pro v 4.15SE. Can anyone please
    > advise how I can save edited images to .psp format?

    There WAS no PSP format back then.

    If you need to preserve layers, then you should upgrade. If funds are
    tight, check eBay, for more recent versions, sometimes sold for $10-$15
    bucks.

    Jeremy, Jun 1, 2004
  6. John Lee

    John Tucker Guest

    Jeremy wrote:
    > If funds are
    > tight, check eBay, for more recent versions, sometimes sold for
    > $10-$15 bucks.

    Caveat emptor. Many times, software sold on eBay at such low prices are
    pirated or crack versions. I wouldn't put my money on it.

    John
    Texas, USA

    John Tucker, Jun 1, 2004
  7. John Lee

    nixjunk Guest

    >> If funds are
    >> tight, check eBay, for more recent versions, sometimes sold for
    >> $10-$15 bucks.

    >Caveat emptor. Many times, software sold on eBay at such low prices are
    >pirated or crack versions. I wouldn't put my money on it.
    >
    >John
    >Texas, USA

    Just wait for a sale. The last good one was for $40 for PSP 8 and before that
    $20.

    nixjunk, Jun 2, 2004
  8. "John Tucker" <> wrote in message
    > Jeremy wrote:
    > > If funds are
    > > tight, check eBay, for more recent versions, sometimes sold for
    > > $10-$15 bucks.

    > Caveat emptor. Many times, software sold on eBay at such low prices are
    > pirated or crack versions. I wouldn't put my money on it.
    >
    > John
    > Texas, USA

    Sometimes there are very low prices or large rebates from retailers.
    CompUSA had a great deal a week or two ago.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jun 2, 2004
  9. John Lee

    Jeremy Guest

    "Marvin Margoshes" <> wrote in message

    > "John Tucker" <> wrote in message
    > > Jeremy wrote:
    > > > If funds are
    > > > tight, check eBay, for more recent versions, sometimes sold for
    > > > $10-$15 bucks.

    > > Caveat emptor. Many times, software sold on eBay at such low prices are
    > > pirated or crack versions. I wouldn't put my money on it.
    > >
    > > John
    > > Texas, USA

    > Sometimes there are very low prices or large rebates from retailers.
    > CompUSA had a great deal a week or two ago.

    To be honest, the price of PSP is so reasonable that I question why anyone
    would even need to go the eBay route. I mentioned it as an option, but not
    one that I would necessarily utilize myself.

    Price is not always equivalent to value. Buying through questionable
    sources may not always make sense. But it is the purchaser that must
    ultimately make the decision regarding which option best satisfies his/her
    needs.

    Jeremy, Jun 2, 2004