    handles 48-bit colour? Also, can anyone tell me if it can save TIFF files in
    Apple format as well as PC format and what the difference would be?

    Thanks in advance

    Bmagill, Feb 17, 2004

  2. (Bmagill) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm thinking about upgrading to the above from v7. Does anyone know if PSP8
    > handles 48-bit colour? Also, can anyone tell me if it can save TIFF files in
    > Apple format as well as PC format and what the difference would be?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Post your questions in the PSP newsgroup

    comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

    The gurus are all there.

    Cheers!

    Hans

    Hans H. Siegrist, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Bmagill

    Shadowfax Guest

    (Bmagill) wrote in

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm thinking about upgrading to the above from v7. Does anyone
    > know if PSP8 handles 48-bit colour? Also, can anyone tell me if it
    > can save TIFF files in Apple format as well as PC format and what
    > the difference would be?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    PSP 8 does not handle 48 bit color. As for Apple Format TIFF’s, I
    don’t know what the difference between a PC TIFF and an Apple TIFF is
    so I couldn’t say. It does save in MacIntosh PICT format as well as
    MacPaint format however.

    --
    Scott

    Shadowfax, Feb 17, 2004
  4. Bmagill

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 17 Feb 2004 00:01:33 GMT, in rec.photo.digital (Bmagill)
    wrote:

    >I'm thinking about upgrading to the above from v7. Does anyone know if PSP8
    >handles 48-bit colour?

    No.

    >Also, can anyone tell me if it can save TIFF files in
    >Apple format as well as PC format and what the difference would be?

    I believe what you are referring to was Motorola format vs Intel, back when
    Macs used Motorola processors. I remember using Graphic Converter from
    Image Alchemy (?) to convert between the two file types. IIRC, it had to do
    with the order the bytes where written, hi/lo or lo/hi. I do not believe
    PSPS8 supports this.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Feb 17, 2004