Paint Shop Pro now speaks German?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by User, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. User

    User Guest

    User, Sep 25, 2003

  2. User

    Miggsee Guest

    Miggsee, Sep 25, 2003

  3. User

    Boomer Guest

    User wrote:

    > My Paint Shop Pro (v6.00) has suddenly started showing prompts
    > in German instead of English! Any ideas why? I found this
    > similar post but no answers:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com.au/groups?&selm=326ac497.8889501@134.7
    > .70.189
    >
    > Very strange...

    Here's a few others from the Google archive. There maybe be a clue
    there.
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=speichern&safe=images&ie=ISO-
    8859-1&as_ugroup=comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-
    pro&lr=&num=100&as_scoring=d&hl=en

    Or click: http://makeashorterlink.com/?S1D945006
    Boomer, Sep 25, 2003
  4. User

    Mara Guest

    On 25 Sep 2003 01:42:33 GMT, Boomer wrote:

    >User wrote:
    >
    >> My Paint Shop Pro (v6.00) has suddenly started showing prompts
    >> in German instead of English! Any ideas why? I found this
    >> similar post but no answers:
    >>
    >> http://groups.google.com.au/groups?&selm=326ac497.8889501@134.7
    >> .70.189
    >>
    >> Very strange...

    >Here's a few others from the Google archive. There maybe be a clue
    >there.
    >http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=speichern&safe=images&ie=ISO-
    >8859-1&as_ugroup=comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-
    >pro&lr=&num=100&as_scoring=d&hl=en
    >
    >Or click: http://makeashorterlink.com/?S1D945006

    Or this:

    "Paint Shop Pro dialog boxes appear in German, Japanese or gibberish instead of
    English."

    http://tinyurl.com/okv3 :)

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Sep 25, 2003
  5. User

    Boomer Guest

    Mara wrote:

    > On 25 Sep 2003 01:42:33 GMT, Boomer wrote:
    >
    >>User wrote:
    >>
    >>> My Paint Shop Pro (v6.00) has suddenly started showing prompts
    >>> in German instead of English! Any ideas why? I found this
    >>> similar post but no answers:
    >>>
    >>> http://groups.google.com.au/groups?&selm=326ac497.8889501@134
    >>> .7 .70.189
    >>>
    >>> Very strange...

    >>Here's a few others from the Google archive. There maybe be a
    >>clue there.
    >>http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=speichern&safe=images&ie=I
    >>SO- 8859-1&as_ugroup=comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-
    >>pro&lr=&num=100&as_scoring=d&hl=en
    >>
    >>Or click: http://makeashorterlink.com/?S1D945006

    > Or this:
    >
    > "Paint Shop Pro dialog boxes appear in German, Japanese or
    > gibberish instead of English."
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/okv3 :)

    Thanks, Mara. :)
    Boomer, Sep 25, 2003
  6. User

    User Guest

    Miggsee wrote:

    > Is your version warez?

    Of course not! The problem exists with other applications too (Eudora,
    FrontPage, etc) so it's not a Paint Shop Pro-specific problem like I
    first thought.

    Mara pointed out this fix, which worked: http://tinyurl.com/okv3

    Seems that something installed a German-language localization file
    recently. Can't figure out what, yet.
    User, Sep 25, 2003