    it should pop up below the main tool bars.

    Larry
    , Feb 10, 2005

  2. Ed Ruf Guest

    On 10 Feb 2005 10:03:02 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >Hi and thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    >I bought PSP8 after useing 3 for many
    >years and I am pretty happy with it.
    >
    >However I just went to use and have found the
    >tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
    >that is the size, opacity etc.
    >
    >The help was useless it merely said by default
    >it should pop up below the main tool bars.

    View => Docking Options => Palettes
    Check appropriate entry for Allow Docking of?
    ----------
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    Ed Ruf, Feb 10, 2005

  3. secheese Guest

    On 10 Feb 2005 10:03:02 -0800, wrote:

    >However I just went to use and have found the
    >tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
    >that is the size, opacity etc.

    Press O
    secheese, Feb 11, 2005
  4. wrote:

    > Hi and thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    > I bought PSP8 after useing 3 for many
    > years and I am pretty happy with it.
    >
    > However I just went to use and have found the
    > tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
    > that is the size, opacity etc.
    >
    > The help was useless it merely said by default
    > it should pop up below the main tool bars.
    >
    > Larry

    There is a psp newsgroup. Go to
    computers.graphics.applications.paint-shop-pro

    There are lots of folks there that can help you.
    Don Stauffer in Minneapolis, Feb 11, 2005
  5. Don Stauffer in Minneapolis commented courteously ...

    > There is a psp newsgroup. Go to
    > computers.graphics.applications.paint-shop-pro

    That's a good place to go, Don, but you can't post
    binaries and the place is full of trolls (people have
    characterized me as one, but my opinion is different).

    I'd suggest that people interested in PSP help point their
    news reader to cnews.corel.com. That's the new, moderated
    replacement for the old Jasc PSP User Forums.

    It's a fast NNTP private server set of forums on a variety
    of categories inside PSP and allows even quite large
    binary attachments, which are very useful to illustrate
    problems or clarify questions.

    Occasionally Corel employees will dial in with help, but
    Cnews is primarily a peer-to-peer help group.

    You don't even need to register, as you did with Jasc.

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry
    All Things Mopar, Feb 11, 2005
  6. Marvin Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi and thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    > I bought PSP8 after useing 3 for many
    > years and I am pretty happy with it.
    >
    > However I just went to use and have found the
    > tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
    > that is the size, opacity etc.
    >
    > The help was useless it merely said by default
    > it should pop up below the main tool bars.
    >
    > Larry

    Questions about PSP are better posted at comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro if you want a newsgroup. A newer place is at
    corel.PaintShopPro8.
    Marvin, Feb 11, 2005
  7. Big Bill Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:57:33 -0600, All Things Mopar
    <> wrote:

    >Don Stauffer in Minneapolis commented courteously ...
    >
    >> There is a psp newsgroup. Go to
    >> computers.graphics.applications.paint-shop-pro

    >That's a good place to go, Don, but you can't post
    >binaries and the place is full of trolls (people have
    >characterized me as one, but my opinion is different).

    You can't post binaries here, either.
    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"
    Big Bill, Feb 12, 2005
  8. Guest

    Marvin wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi and thanks in advance for any help.
    > >
    > > I bought PSP8 after useing 3 for many
    > > years and I am pretty happy with it.
    > >
    > > However I just went to use and have found the
    > > tool menus do not come up when a tool is selected,
    > > that is the size, opacity etc.
    > >
    > > The help was useless it merely said by default
    > > it should pop up below the main tool bars.
    > >
    > > Larry
    > >

    > Questions about PSP are better posted at
    > comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro if you
    > want a newsgroup. A newer place is at
    > corel.PaintShopPro8.

    Thank you to those who answered my question and to
    those who suggested better forums for help with PSP.
    I will simply say that I posted my question here
    because I searched the news groups for PSP and
    it led me here. Thanks again, I am sure I will need
    more help in the future and I will try the suggested
    groups.

    Larry
    , Feb 13, 2005
  9. >> Questions about PSP are better posted at
    >> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro if you
    >> want a newsgroup. A newer place is at
    >> corel.PaintShopPro8.

    Hi, Larry,

    Can't post binaries to c.g.a.p.s.p. and it is filled with
    trolls, although there are some helpful people and Kris
    Zaklika from Corel occasionally posts help there.

    I didn't know about corel.paintshoppro8, but I hang out on
    cnews.corel.com which is a private NNTP news group,
    similar to the old Jasc PSP 8 User Forums (which were also
    web and NNTP private server NGs)

    > Thank you to those who answered my question and to
    > those who suggested better forums for help with PSP.

    I will extend/re-extend my offer to help anyone, such as
    yourself, with PSP 8 or 9 off-line. Feel free to E-mail me
    at . Attached picture(s) if you like.
    I'm not the sharpest tool in the PSP box but I can hold my
    own, I think.

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry
    All Things Mopar, Feb 13, 2005