    Thanks.

    --
    Eyal Lebedinsky () <http://samba.org/eyal/>
    Eyal Lebedinsky, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
    > I start with an image that paint can read (actually from a Nikon). I
    > process it with the Canon software and save as jpg. I try to open it
    > with Paint and it says the format is not supported. Paint has no
    > problem opening the original image.
    >
    > The stanard XP "Windows Image and Fax Viewer" shows both the original
    > and the processed image just fine.
    >
    > How can I open it in Paint? I know that I can save it as a bitmap etc.
    > but I want to open THIS picture if possible.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I thought there was a size limit for paint, but I just opened up a 5meg
    jpg from my Canon without a problem.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Joseph Meehan wrote:
    > Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
    >
    >>I start with an image that paint can read (actually from a Nikon). I
    >>process it with the Canon software and save as jpg. I try to open it
    >>with Paint and it says the format is not supported. Paint has no
    >>problem opening the original image.
    >>
    >>The stanard XP "Windows Image and Fax Viewer" shows both the original
    >>and the processed image just fine.
    >>
    >>How can I open it in Paint? I know that I can save it as a bitmap etc.
    >>but I want to open THIS picture if possible.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    > I thought there was a size limit for paint, but I just opened up a 5meg
    > jpg from my Canon without a problem.

    Did you first process it with PhotoStudio and saved as jpg? I do not
    have a problem with original images.

    --
    Eyal Lebedinsky () <http://samba.org/eyal/>
    attach .zip as .dat
    Eyal Lebedinsky, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Eyal Lebedinsky

    RSD99 Guest

    Use a better photo editor ... even the free French program called
    PhotoFiltre is better ...

    http://www.photofiltre.com/

    RSD99, Mar 23, 2005
  5. RSD99 wrote:
    > Use a better photo editor ... even the free French program called
    > PhotoFiltre is better ...
    >
    > http://www.photofiltre.com/

    Really? I mostly need the USM filter, and I do not see one above.
    Does it have it?

    Anyway, you do not address the main issue. Paint has a limitation
    and I wonder if it can be fixed. I will appreciate any help in
    this direction.

    Eyal Lebedinsky, Mar 24, 2005
  6. Eyal Lebedinsky

    RSD99 Guest

    No USM ...just the garden-variety 'Sharpen' 'Sharpen Edges' 'Sharpen More'
    .... plus something called 'Reinforce.'

    As for your statement ... "... Anyway, you do not address the main issue.
    Paint has a limitation
    and I wonder if it can be fixed. I will appreciate any help in this
    direction. ..."

    There are only a few ways to "cure" a limitation in a given piece of
    software. Since I am *not* the person in charge of the development of
    "Micro$loth's 'Paint' program," there is nothing I can do to change or
    improve the program. The only thing that you ... or any of "us" ... can do
    is write a note to Micro$illy, tell them about the problem(s) you are
    having, and *suggest* that they improve the program. Then ... hold your
    breath for two or three YEARS until the next release of the program.

    If the limitations of Canon's and Micro$oft's software are proving to be
    onerous to you ... all I can suggest is getting another program that will
    do what you want to do.

    You might try one of the following

    Adobe PhotoShop Elements (Known to have USM)
    The GIMP (Known to have USM) (**FREE**)
    Corel's PhotoPaint (Known to have USM)
    Corel's Paint Shop Pro
    Digital Light and Color's Picture Window (Pro) (Known to have USM)
    Serif's PhotoPlus
    etcetera

    Another possible "work around" would be to download the free IrfanView
    viewer, open the picture in IrfanView, and re-save it. Your version of M$
    Paint **may** be able to open the resulting file, as modified by IrfanView.

    RSD99, Mar 24, 2005