    how I can get the usb flash drive to appear? I was thinking if I somehow
    made the drive look like a "disk drive" instead of a "removable disk" that
    might help too. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgQw==?=, Nov 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgQw==?=

    Theo Guest

    That's an interesting observation. I just checked it out
    and my USB Flash is not listed in Win x64 as an option for
    the Paging File either, but my external USB hard drive is.
    Both are formated in NTFS. Maybe this is a bug that has
    heretofore gone unnoticed or unreported.

    Theo, Nov 15, 2006

  3. Because the XP 64 kernal is based on Win2k3 x64 code, and you wouldn't want
    a server OS using a flash drive for the paging file.

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral "Q"
    Not a MVP, MCP, MCSE - Just somebody who wants to help!!!

    Remove the obvious to email:
    Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q**NOSPAM**@hotmail.com

    Star Fleet Admiral \Q\, Nov 22, 2006
  4. Star Fleet Admiral "Q" wrote:

    >Because the XP 64 kernal is based on Win2k3 x64 code, and you wouldn't
    >want a server OS using a flash drive for the paging file.

    You might... <g>

    That's actually the kind of thing that could work really well - stick a
    2Gb or 4Gb usb stick in the back of your server and leave it there
    permanently, just for page file.

    No more "wasting" disk space for pagefile...

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Nov 22, 2006