    GA
    --
    My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
    Gordon Abbot, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Gordon Abbot

    dantu Guest

    Gordon Abbot wrote:

    > Occasionally i will find a website that does not show all that it is
    > suppose to with Moz so have to drop back to IE. Every bit of spyware I
    > get is when I have to use IE, so I really dislike using it.
    >
    > An example
    >
    > http://www.chris-tv.com/download.html
    >
    > The center of the page is blank except at the bottom. But in IE there
    > is additional download info which is what I was looking for.
    >
    > What can I do in Moz (1.5) to get that part of the page to display?
    >
    > My normal surfing is no-popups and no third party cookies. Java is
    > usually off, but not javascript.
    >
    > GA

    In this case, get the web site author to write code properly <g>

    He opens each line of the javascript with a proper <Script> tag, but
    then ENDS the entire script with a </Script> tag immediately
    thereafter! Essentially, instead of having one Javascript , he has
    dozens of them totally unconnected.

    I.e. <Script> Script language=javascript </Script>
    means he declared the script language and then ended the script. so the
    next line

    <Script> var=whaterver </Script> is an entirelly new script with no
    language declaration at all!

    The author probably uses Mircosoft IE which understands garbage like
    this that is non standard, but the problem is the coding on the page in
    this instance.
    dantu, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    dantu wrote:

    > Gordon Abbot wrote:
    >
    >> Occasionally i will find a website that does not show all that it is
    >> suppose to with Moz so have to drop back to IE. Every bit of spyware I
    >> get is when I have to use IE, so I really dislike using it.
    >>
    >> An example
    >>
    >> http://www.chris-tv.com/download.html
    >>
    >> The center of the page is blank except at the bottom. But in IE there
    >> is additional download info which is what I was looking for.
    >>
    >> What can I do in Moz (1.5) to get that part of the page to display?
    >>
    >> My normal surfing is no-popups and no third party cookies. Java is
    >> usually off, but not javascript.
    >>
    >> GA

    > In this case, get the web site author to write code properly <g>
    >
    > He opens each line of the javascript with a proper <Script> tag, but
    > then ENDS the entire script with a </Script> tag immediately
    > thereafter! Essentially, instead of having one Javascript , he has
    > dozens of them totally unconnected.
    >
    > I.e. <Script> Script language=javascript </Script>
    > means he declared the script language and then ended the script. so the
    > next line
    >
    > <Script> var=whaterver </Script> is an entirelly new script with no
    > language declaration at all!
    >
    > The author probably uses Mircosoft IE which understands garbage like
    > this that is non standard, but the problem is the coding on the page in
    > this instance.

    Any way to view it without going to MSIE, but in Moz?

    GA

    --
    My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
    Gordon Abbot, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Gordon Abbot

    Jarmo P Guest

    > Any way to view it without going to MSIE, but in Moz?
    >
    > GA
    >
    > --
    > My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

    Not sure if this is the proper place to tell, downloaded Avant that is an IE
    wrapper of kind. For those few odd pages. If real paranoid of using IE, that
    one has popup blocking.
    Only did not like the bloated interface too much.
    Sure going to keep FB as my default browser ;)
    Jarmo P
    Jarmo P, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Gordon Abbot

    Tono Guest

    Jarmo P wrote:

    >>Any way to view it without going to MSIE, but in Moz?
    >>
    >>GA
    >>
    >>--
    >>My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
    >>

    > Not sure if this is the proper place to tell, downloaded Avant that is an IE
    > wrapper of kind. For those few odd pages. If real paranoid of using IE, that
    > one has popup blocking.
    > Only did not like the bloated interface too much.
    > Sure going to keep FB as my default browser ;)

    I thought FB was just mail & news and mozilla was the browser?

    Tono
    Tono, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Gordon Abbot

    dantu Guest

    Tono wrote:

    > Jarmo P wrote:
    >
    >>> Any way to view it without going to MSIE, but in Moz?
    >>>
    >>> GA
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
    >>>

    >> Not sure if this is the proper place to tell, downloaded Avant that
    >> is an IE
    >> wrapper of kind. For those few odd pages. If real paranoid of using
    >> IE, that
    >> one has popup blocking.
    >> Only did not like the bloated interface too much.
    >> Sure going to keep FB as my default browser ;)

    > I thought FB was just mail & news and mozilla was the browser?
    >
    > Tono

    Tono

    No, Moz, or Mozilla is a complete suite. Browser/Email/news/Composor/Chat

    FB or Firebird is a Browser

    TB or Thunderbird is a Email/news client
    dantu, Jan 9, 2004
  7. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    Tono wrote:

    > Jarmo P wrote:
    >
    >>> Any way to view it without going to MSIE, but in Moz?
    >>>
    >>> GA
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
    >>>

    >> Not sure if this is the proper place to tell, downloaded Avant that is
    >> an IE
    >> wrapper of kind. For those few odd pages. If real paranoid of using
    >> IE, that
    >> one has popup blocking.
    >> Only did not like the bloated interface too much.
    >> Sure going to keep FB as my default browser ;)

    > I thought FB was just mail & news and mozilla was the browser?
    >
    > Tono

    Does firebird work on that page- or most pages where Moz does not?

    GA

    --
    My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
    Gordon Abbot, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Gordon Abbot

    Jarmo P Guest

    > Does firebird work on that page- or most pages where Moz does not?

    The browser in both programs is pretty much the same, so I think faulty
    coded pages are not working with either one
    Jarmo P, Jan 9, 2004
  9. Gordon Abbot

    Tono Guest

    dantu wrote:
    > Tono wrote:

    >>> Not sure if this is the proper place to tell, downloaded Avant that
    >>> is an IE
    >>> wrapper of kind. For those few odd pages. If real paranoid of using
    >>> IE, that
    >>> one has popup blocking.
    >>> Only did not like the bloated interface too much.
    >>> Sure going to keep FB as my default browser ;)

    >> I thought FB was just mail & news and mozilla was the browser?
    >>
    >> Tono

    > Tono
    >
    > No, Moz, or Mozilla is a complete suite.
    > Browser/Email/news/Composor/Chat
    >
    > FB or Firebird is a Browser
    >
    > TB or Thunderbird is a Email/news client

    Oh, OK. I had my birds mixed up.
    Tono, Jan 9, 2004