    bam! loaded! done! 5 minutes later FF is still spinning and spinning
    and .... Any thoughts?

    Thanks
    chuck, Dec 11, 2006

  2. chuck

    Lukan Guest

    chuck wrote:
    > Running Firefox/2.0b2. Linux FC4. Just about every other day I get an
    > auto update so I know (?) I'm running L&G.

    You shouldn't be getting auto-updates every second day, there have only been a couple of updates released?
    Lukan, Dec 11, 2006

  3. chuck

    chuck Guest

    Lukan wrote:
    > chuck wrote:
    >> Running Firefox/2.0b2. Linux FC4. Just about every other day I get an
    >> auto update so I know (?) I'm running L&G.

    > You shouldn't be getting auto-updates every second day, there have only
    > been a couple of updates released?

    Plugins, addons is what I meant there. I assuming 2.0b2 is the L&G.
    chuck, Dec 11, 2006
  4. 2 is out of Beta. You might want to upgrade.

    This does happen to me from time to time as well though. Any time I
    think it's hanging I just give a quick refresh and it usually pulls it
    up lickity split.

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 11, 2006
  5. chuck

    K7AAY Guest

    chuck wrote:
    > Running Firefox/2.0b2. Linux FC4. Just about every other day I get an
    > auto update so I know (?) I'm running L&G. My problem is I'll to to a
    > site, I.E. ebay, and do a search for something. About 1/2? 3/4? of the
    > page loads and the running ring (topright) spins and spins and spins and
    > ....... I can start konqueror at the same time, go to the same site and
    > bam! loaded! done! 5 minutes later FF is still spinning and spinning
    > and .... Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks

    Same problem here on every machine in my household, including laptops I
    take out into the field (so it's not my DSL or switch).

    For reference, I have not noticed any 'every-other-day' updates, I am
    running 2.0 and Help | check For updates shows no updates.
    K7AAY, Dec 11, 2006
  6. chuck

    K7AAY Guest

    K7AAY wrote:
    > chuck wrote:
    > > Running Firefox/2.0b2. Linux FC4. Just about every other day I get an
    > > auto update so I know (?) I'm running L&G. My problem is I'll to to a
    > > site, I.E. ebay, and do a search for something. About 1/2? 3/4? of the
    > > page loads and the running ring (topright) spins and spins and spins and
    > > ....... I can start konqueror at the same time, go to the same site and
    > > bam! loaded! done! 5 minutes later FF is still spinning and spinning
    > > and .... Any thoughts?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > Same problem here on every machine in my household, including laptops I
    > take out into the field (so it's not my DSL or switch).
    >
    > For reference, I have not noticed any 'every-other-day' updates, I am
    > running 2.0 and Help | check For updates shows no updates.

    Oh, yeah, I run mine on Windows XP Home.
    K7AAY, Dec 11, 2006
  7. Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
    > 2 is out of Beta. You might want to upgrade.
    >
    > This does happen to me from time to time as well though. Any time I
    > think it's hanging I just give a quick refresh and it usually pulls it
    > up lickity split.
    >
    > chuck wrote:

    I'm running b2 at home, 2.0 at work. Same problem both places. And
    yes, sometimes, clicking reload works - more often that not though it
    reloads right back to the same place - and just sits.

    Hmmmmm, I just emptied my cache - as in "ls gave ' '" and it seems to
    be working better - well "1" test. Could it be the cache is getting
    full and .. and .. and .. Have to watch it.

    Thanks
    Cal Lidderdale, Dec 11, 2006
  8. chuck

    SteveG Guest

    chuck wrote:
    > Running Firefox/2.0b2. Linux FC4. Just about every other day I get an
    > auto update so I know (?) I'm running L&G. My problem is I'll to to a
    > site, I.E. ebay, and do a search for something. About 1/2? 3/4? of the
    > page loads and the running ring (topright) spins and spins and spins and
    > ....... I can start konqueror at the same time, go to the same site and
    > bam! loaded! done! 5 minutes later FF is still spinning and spinning
    > and .... Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks

    HI Chuck, I was experiencing exactly the same problem on eBay (FF2.0 on
    Win XP with ZA Internet Suite). I finally tracked the culprit down to
    the setting in ZA where I had set it to block all ads. It looks as if
    there might be some interaction between FF's adblocking and ZA's cuz
    when I turned it off in ZA the problem went away.

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Steve G
    SteveG, Dec 11, 2006
  9. SteveG wrote:
    > chuck wrote:
    >
    >> Running Firefox/2.0b2. Linux FC4. Just about every other day I get an
    >> auto update so I know (?) I'm running L&G. My problem is I'll to to a
    >> site, I.E. ebay, and do a search for something. About 1/2? 3/4? of
    >> the page loads and the running ring (topright) spins and spins and
    >> spins and ....... I can start konqueror at the same time, go to the
    >> same site and bam! loaded! done! 5 minutes later FF is still spinning
    >> and spinning and .... Any thoughts?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > HI Chuck, I was experiencing exactly the same problem on eBay (FF2.0 on
    > Win XP with ZA Internet Suite). I finally tracked the culprit down to
    > the setting in ZA where I had set it to block all ads. It looks as if
    > there might be some interaction between FF's adblocking and ZA's cuz
    > when I turned it off in ZA the problem went away.
    >
    > HTH

    Well, fer what'it's worth. I did Edit, pref, clear cache. Then I
    cd'ed to .moz/ff/05.../Cache and did rm -rf. And now it's running like
    it's brand new right out'a the box. I don't know if somehow there were
    leftovers or what. But I put money on the table it will solve your
    problem. Let me know.
    Cal Lidderdale, Dec 11, 2006