    much RAM Readyboost was useless.
    --
    Sam

    Sam Steinhauser, Mar 7, 2008

  2. There are some processes that require a pagefile. I suggest you simply let
    the system determine the pagefile size. With 8GB of ram the pagefile is not
    going to heavily used in any case. As for ReadyBoost, I let my 8GB Vista
    Ultimate x64 use it all it wants to. The pagefile manager in Vista and XP
    is much more sophisticated than it was back in the days of Win9x/ME and you
    can easily afford to let it do things its own way.

    "Sam Steinhauser" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 8, 2008

  3. Thanks for te info. I have a 4gb ReadyBoost drive. I read somewhere te
    ReadyBoost should match the system RAM. With this much RAM I shouldn't need
    to get a bigger ReadyBoost drive should I? I did what ypu suggested and it
    chose 8489mb pagefile. Weird number. I like to lock my pagefile so iWindow
    isn't resizing it all the time so I set it to that number.

    Thanks again,
    --
    Sam

    Sam Steinhauser, Mar 8, 2008
  4. Windows won't resize the pagefile all the time. It will only do it if it
    really needs to, which should be very seldom.

    I use a 16GB Xplorer flash drive so I don't know if you should get a
    different unit. I know that ReadyBoost set aside 4GB of the Xplorer
    automatically even though I have more ram that that.

    "Sam Steinhauser" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 8, 2008