    partitioned and formatted in FAT32, for the Page
    file. Is NTFS the preferred Pagefile format for X64? Or is FAt32 still the
    best format for virtual memory?
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=, Jan 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Todd.

    NTFS is the preferred format for everything in WinXP and later.

    See this page in the WinXP Pro Resource Kit online:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkb_cnc_xlxw.asp

    And you might want to read this article on page files by the late MVP Alex
    Nichol:
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jan 26, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, I'd suggest that you leave x64 to handle the pagefile as I doubt very
    much that using another hd to use it will actually bring about any
    performance gains other than freeing space up on the HD that x64 is
    installed on. This site http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/XPMyths.html
    has good references to both pagefile and the benefits of NTFS....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Jan 27, 2006