PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Shirley Azvedo, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. Useing 2.0 gigahertz processor, 512 ram, 120 gig harddrive

    I am having issues with my computer at the moment. It keeps giving me the
    computer equivelant of the middle finger. (The dreaded blue screen) I am
    currently running windows xp professional on a built computer. I also have
    office 2000 professional installed. That is all i have on it.

    My lead up to meltdown was spurratic freezeing which worked into failure to
    reboot. I am getting a screen saying:
    "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
    corrupt: system32\DRIVERS\nvata.sys"
    It told me that i can attempt to repair it by loading my origional disk and
    hitting 'r'. Upon doing so it goes through loading a bunch of files and
    then proceeds to freeze at "examining 114471 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on Bus 0 on
    atapi...". This has happened repeatedly. I am not aposed to a complete
    reinstall and have attempted that also. After the same freezeing in the
    same place as above occured a few times, I began getting the dreaded blue
    screen...

    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    technical information:
    *** Stop: 0x00000050 (0xc2600000, 0x00000000, 0x8080b20d, oxoooooooo)

    That is where i am currently standing. I am a first time poster, so i
    apologize if there is a lack of helpful information. Any help would be
    appreciated.

    Shirley Azvedo, Apr 20, 2006

  2. Shirley Azvedo wrote:

    > Useing 2.0 gigahertz processor, 512 ram, 120 gig harddrive
    >
    > I am having issues with my computer at the moment. It keeps giving me the
    > computer equivelant of the middle finger. (The dreaded blue screen) I am
    > currently running windows xp professional on a built computer. I also have
    > office 2000 professional installed. That is all i have on it.
    >
    > My lead up to meltdown was spurratic freezeing which worked into failure
    > reboot. I am getting a screen saying:
    > "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
    > corrupt: system32\DRIVERS\nvata.sys"
    > It told me that i can attempt to repair it by loading my origional disk
    > and
    > hitting 'r'. Upon doing so it goes through loading a bunch of files and
    > then proceeds to freeze at "examining 114471 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on Bus 0
    > on
    > atapi...". This has happened repeatedly. I am not aposed to a complete
    > reinstall and have attempted that also. After the same freezeing in the
    > same place as above occured a few times, I began getting the dreaded blue
    > screen...
    >
    > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    > technical information:
    > *** Stop: 0x00000050 (0xc2600000, 0x00000000, 0x8080b20d, oxoooooooo)
    >
    > That is where i am currently standing. I am a first time poster, so i
    > apologize if there is a lack of helpful information. Any help would be
    > appreciated.

    Not that I am certain, but you should check your harddrive. Download the
    manufacturers check floppy (should be bootable) and try.
    Reading "nvata" ... which appears to be no standard hd driver .... makes me
    think you need a repair install with F6 and the driver floppy supplied.
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Shirley Azvedo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > screen...
    >
    > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    > technical information:
    > *** Stop: 0x00000050 (0xc2600000, 0x00000000, 0x8080b20d, oxoooooooo)
    >
    > That is where i am currently standing. I am a first time poster, so i
    > apologize if there is a lack of helpful information. Any help would be
    > appreciated.

    Run a RAM test

    google for memtest86

    philo, Apr 21, 2006
  4. Shirley Azvedo

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:49:53 +0200, Walter Mautner wrote:

    > Subject: Re: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    > From: Walter Mautner <>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:49:53 +0200
    >
    > Shirley Azvedo wrote:
    >

    >> Useing 2.0 gigahertz processor, 512 ram, 120 gig harddrive
    >>
    >> I am having issues with my computer at the moment. It keeps giving me the
    >> computer equivelant of the middle finger. (The dreaded blue screen) I am
    >> currently running windows xp professional on a built computer. I also have
    >> office 2000 professional installed. That is all i have on it.
    >>
    >> My lead up to meltdown was spurratic freezeing which worked into failure
    >> reboot. I am getting a screen saying:
    >> "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
    >> corrupt: system32\DRIVERS\nvata.sys"
    >> It told me that i can attempt to repair it by loading my origional disk
    >> and
    >> hitting 'r'. Upon doing so it goes through loading a bunch of files and
    >> then proceeds to freeze at "examining 114471 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on Bus 0
    >> on
    >> atapi...". This has happened repeatedly. I am not aposed to a complete
    >> reinstall and have attempted that also. After the same freezeing in the
    >> same place as above occured a few times, I began getting the dreaded blue
    >> screen...
    >>
    >> PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    >> technical information:
    >> *** Stop: 0x00000050 (0xc2600000, 0x00000000, 0x8080b20d, oxoooooooo)
    >>
    >> That is where i am currently standing. I am a first time poster, so i
    >> apologize if there is a lack of helpful information. Any help would be
    >> appreciated.

    > Not that I am certain, but you should check your harddrive.

    Glad your not certain, retard. Page faults are usually caused by two
    applications stomping on each other's memory heap and not the fucking hard
    drive.

    Meat Plow, Apr 21, 2006