Page won't work in Firefox 1.0

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Al. C, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Al. C

    Al. C Guest

    Al. C, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Al. C

    Al. C Guest

    Al. C, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Al. C

    Alan Gauton Guest

    In article <%9Wxd.1196$>,
    -blake.no.spam.com says...
    > Al. C wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.suite101.com/files/mysites/AskAlice/Clock.htm
    > >
    > > Why won't this page work in Firefox?
    > >
    > > -Al

    > Note, I run Slackware Linux 9.1 with KDE 3.14, so maybe it's an X program?

    It works in IE6, but not Firefox 1 on a Win XP box.

    --
    AG

    Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
    Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

    Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
    (Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)

    Alan Gauton, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Al. C

    Tom Betz Guest

    Quoth "Al. C" <-blake.no.spam.com> in

    > http://www.suite101.com/files/mysites/AskAlice/Clock.htm
    >
    > Why won't this page work in Firefox?

    It's using ActiveX functions.

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, Dec 21, 2004
  5. Al. C

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Al. C* wrote:

    > Al. C wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysites/AskAlice/Clock.htm
    >>
    >> Why won't this page work in Firefox?
    >>
    >> -Al

    > Note, I run Slackware Linux 9.1 with KDE 3.14, so maybe it's an X program?

    Bad (not standard) Javascript. I could'nt see anything "amazing" on
    the page with Mozilla on Windows

    Arne, Dec 21, 2004
  6. Al. C

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Tom Betz* wrote:

    > Quoth "Al. C" <-blake.no.spam.com> in
    >
    >> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysites/AskAlice/Clock.htm
    >>
    >> Why won't this page work in Firefox?

    > It's using ActiveX functions.

    I don't think there is any ActiveX involved. I have the security level
    on IE set to ask if any ActiveX is involved on a page. So I belive
    it's only not standard Javascript.

    Arne, Dec 21, 2004
  7. Al. C

    Xanophile Guest

    Xanophile, Dec 21, 2004
  8. "Al. C" <-blake.no.spam.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.suite101.com/files/mysites/AskAlice/Clock.htm
    >
    > Why won't this page work in Firefox?
    >
    > -Al

    If you go to the page in firefox and then select Tools>JavaScript console it
    shows errors in the JavaScript. I have seen this problem in another site
    where IE ignores the errors and Firefox doesn't.

    Philip Thomas, Dec 21, 2004
  9. Al. C

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:06:23 GMT, in message
    <z5Wxd.1195$>, Al. C wrote:

    > http://www.suite101.com/files/mysites/AskAlice/Clock.htm
    >
    > Why won't this page work in Firefox?

    Look at this in the Javascript

    | ns=(document.layers);
    | ie=(document.all);

    The page only handles the old level 0 proprietary models for doing things.
    This is truly antique.

    A modern page would have a third case

    | w3c=(document.getElementById);

    and correctly-written javascript code for a w3c case -- which should be used in preference
    to the ns or ie cases

    if ( w3c ){
    } else if ( ns & ! w3c ){
    } else if ( ie & ! w3c ){
    }

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, Dec 21, 2004
  10. Al. C

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Dec 27, 2004
  11. Al. C

    Arild Guest

    Arild, Dec 29, 2004
  12. Al. C

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Arild* wrote:
    > "Ed Mullen" <> skrev i melding
    >> Al. C wrote:
    >>> http://www.suite101.com/files/mysites/AskAlice/Clock.htm Why won't this
    >>> page work in Firefox?

    >> http://edmullen.net/clock.html

    > I have a problem with this site
    >
    > http://www.moss-avis.no/apps/pbcs.dll/forside
    >
    > Why won't this page work exactly in Firefox, it's appear right in IE
    > Anyone have a solution for this?

    Well, you could start with telling the admin for the site to look at
    it from http://validator.w3.org/
    The doctype is supposed to be XHTML 1.0 tranistional, but I really
    don't understand why. There is 2931 errors on the front page
    (http://www.moss-avis.no/apps/pbcs.dll/forside) Yes, almost *three*
    *thousand* errors! Must be some kind of a Guinness record in errors :)

    Arne, Dec 29, 2004