    Some times the right hand side does not print what is on the screen.
    Are there any settings I should alter.
    I use the standard A4 paper
    belto, Jun 11, 2005

  2. belto

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 08:02:10 GMT, belto wrote:

    To help avoid spam reaching BY servers
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid

    >I have problems when printing a web page .

    It happens.

    >Some times the right hand side does not print what is on the screen.

    It does, lots of times. Why should it fit?

    >Are there any settings I should alter.

    Not really. it's 2 different types of media or the designers training -
    traditional printing and web design.

    Why should page designers not know this, care, know how to fix it,
    provide a printer friedly version, use CSS "@media print { }" ability
    even if it's not always supported?

    Then again maybe it's meant to be that way, so you can't print it.

    Maybe it's for Letter sized paper, slightly wider and shorter than A4.

    >I use the standard A4 paper

    Print in Landscape mode?

    Buy an A3 printer :)

    Convert the page to text only and print it?

    Use an HTML editor and set your own margins to fit?

    Some printers / drivers which you didn't think important enough to
    mention may have a scaling option when printing.

    Add your own user style sheet , setting your own font size , margins?
    This has been mentioned before see,
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group...arch?group=24hoursupport.helpdesk&q=css media

    Me
    why?, Jun 11, 2005

  3. belto

    joevan Guest

    wrote:

    >I have problems when printing a web page .
    >Some times the right hand side does not print what is on the screen.
    >Are there any settings I should alter.
    >I use the standard A4 paper

    Yes. Check the printer settings to start with.

    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Jun 11, 2005
  4. belto

    phrogee Guest

    "belto" <> wrote in message
    >I have problems when printing a web page .
    > Some times the right hand side does not print what is on the screen.
    > Are there any settings I should alter.
    > I use the standard A4 paper

    Another possibility is changing your screen resolution. I usually keep mine
    set for larger text and print in landscape.

    --
    phrogee
    phrogee, Jun 11, 2005
  5. belto

    Plato Guest

    belto wrote:

    > I have problems when printing a web page .
    > Some times the right hand side does not print what is on the screen.
    > Are there any settings I should alter.
    > I use the standard A4 paper

    Sometimes I have to change screen resolutions to make my el-cheapo
    printer work correctly.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 11, 2005
  6. belto

    Pat Guest

    Have you tried changing page layout/set-up to landscape.

    Pat, Jun 11, 2005
  7. belto

    SgtMinor Guest

    Plato wrote:

    > belto wrote:
    >>
    >> I have problems when printing a web page .
    >> Some times the right hand side does not print what is on the screen.
    >> Are there any settings I should alter.
    >> I use the standard A4 paper

    > Sometimes I have to change screen resolutions to make my el-cheapo
    > printer work correctly.

    You've got the wrong el cheapo, Check out this one (Canon S300):
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=99272&item=6775274721&rd=1

    I have had one of these for nearly three years now. Print quality is
    very good and cartridges go for a buck-fifty on eBay. And you can
    reduce print size so that any web page can be fitted. Prints posters
    and booklets too.
    SgtMinor, Jun 11, 2005
  8. belto

    Plato Guest

    Pat wrote:

    > Have you tried changing page layout/set-up to landscape.

    Then I'd have to turn my head sideways to read it :) Actually, I never
    tried landscape I'll try it next time.

    Plato, Jun 12, 2005
  9. belto

    Plato Guest

    SgtMinor wrote:

    > >> I have problems when printing a web page .
    > >> Some times the right hand side does not print what is on the screen.
    > >> Are there any settings I should alter.
    > >> I use the standard A4 paper

    > > Sometimes I have to change screen resolutions to make my el-cheapo
    > > printer work correctly.

    > You've got the wrong el cheapo, Check out this one (Canon S300):
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=99272&item=6775274721&rd=1

    Grin, my el-cheapo is the Canon S200 no kidding. Was $39 and came with a
    black cart. New black carts are seven bucks and new color's are thirteen
    bucks.

    Plato, Jun 12, 2005
  10. belto

    SgtMinor Guest

    Plato wrote:

    >> > Sometimes I have to change screen resolutions to make my el-cheapo
    >> > printer work correctly.

    >> You've got the wrong el cheapo, Check out this one (Canon S300):
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=99272&item=6775274721&rd=1

    > Grin, my el-cheapo is the Canon S200 no kidding. Was $39 and came with a
    > black cart. New black carts are seven bucks and new color's are thirteen
    > bucks.
    >
    >> I have had one of these for nearly three years now. Print quality is
    >> very good and cartridges go for a buck-fifty on eBay. And you can
    >> reduce print size so that any web page can be fitted. Prints posters
    >> and booklets too.

    The S200 uses the same cartridges as the S300, and they can be had for
    much less than what you're paying. I've used this eBay seller
    (abacus24-7) several times:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16199&item=6776911861&rd=1

    Some others will play games with you on shipping costs,
    SgtMinor, Jun 12, 2005