    start up faster and open windows faster. I have Windows XP Professonal. I
    would like a step by step on what to do and i can handle it.Anyone? Please?
    Thank You, Slowly But Surely.
    =?Utf-8?B?c2xvd2x5IGJldCBzdXJlbHk=?=, May 19, 2005

  2. Lots of things, you can empty your temporary files (Disk Cleanup), defrag
    your computer.

    How to Defrag your hard disk:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314848

    Disk Cleanup tool in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312

    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "slowly bet surely" <> wrote in
    message news:D...
    Andre Da Costa, May 19, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c2xvd2x5IGJldCBzdXJlbHk=?=

    Patrick Guest

    First off you are posting on a newsgroup that is specific to the 64 bit
    edition of windows.
    Being, as you said : "i dont know the first things about computers."
    It would be good if we knew for sure which XP you are asking about.

    Secondly, since you are a beginner you have probably chosen and installed
    numerous
    flavors of software (much of it "Free") based on what the software promised
    to do -
    without really knowing all that it does...that it "did not tell you about."
    Like 'starting with windows' -
    Even many legitimate software programs unfortunately can have 5 or six
    components
    that start with windows (Like HP Printer software) and can slow startup.

    How about a list of what you have?

    Patrick, May 19, 2005
  4. Yes, I forgot to mention the correct group for posting 32 bit XP questions
    to:
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

    Andre Da Costa, May 20, 2005