Page displays improperly

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Stubby, Sep 9, 2006.

  1. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Stubby, Sep 9, 2006

  2. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Stubby, Sep 9, 2006

  3. On 9-9-2006 14:09, Stubby wrote:
    > http://research.microsoft.com/~gbell/Digital/DECMuseum.htm
    >
    > Near the end, the text is overlaid by test that is supposed to be at the
    > very bottom of the page. IE6 renders it properly.
    >
    > Is this a Firefox 1.0.5.6 problem or something wrong with my configuration?

    Neither. The page specified that the main part of the page (contained in
    a DIV element) should be 1412 pixels high. The footer part starts just
    after that.
    Firefox respects the specified height of the DIV and starts rendering
    the footer somewhere 1400+ pixels from the top. This causes the footer
    to overlay the main part (which actually is approx. 3000 pixels high
    with the font size specified by the page).
    So, you could say that there's a problem with the page.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland

    Roland de Ruiter, Sep 9, 2006