PAE Settings in windows 2000 Advanced server.

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by laxminarayana, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. I have a problem in configuring 6GB RAM (DDR RAM)in Intel
    Server Board SE7501HG2 with Intel XEON 3.2GHZ(Dual
    Processors). I have loaded windows 2000 Advanced server
    with Service pack4 in workgroup mode. The fault tolerance
    is been established by software raid 1 configured in the
    boot disk and raid5 configured in data disks. The basic
    purpose of the server is to run as terminal server cum
    file server.
    When I am adding the /PAE extension in the boot.ini file,
    it is sensing 6GB RAM, but virtual memory is not exceeding
    4gb per partition.
    After putting server online with 15-20 users, the server
    is giving physical dump error with blue screen and reboots
    automatically.
    It is observed that during the opeartions in terminal
    services manager(reset,logout operations), the server is
    rebooting i.e. giving physical dump error.

    KINDLY GIVE ME SOLUTION TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITH ABOVE
    METIONED SYMPTOM.
    laxminarayana, Feb 6, 2004

  2. laxminarayana

    seanja Guest

    check you have configured your hard disks properly and all
    your ram is compatible with the motherboard and each other
    we are her to help not do your job for you

    quote (what matters is being right not being told you are)
    you wilkl learn somthing new everyday

    seanja, Feb 6, 2004

  3. laxminarayana

    Marcco Guest

    Try configuring the paging file manualy, and make it 6 or
    more GB big.

    Marcco, Feb 6, 2004
  4. laxminarayana

    no one Guest

    nice smartA$$ answer.

    no one, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Try this

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247904&Product=win200

    Pagefile is limited to 4Gb. Use something other than boot partition

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197379&Product=win2000Large memory support

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283037&Product=win200

    And best of all, typing "How to overcome paging file limit in Windows
    returns this gem from the Microsoft Knowledge Base

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237740&Product=win200

    I don't mind providing help, but don't you think
    you might be out of your depth as a Sys Admin here?
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya28=?=, Feb 8, 2004