Packeteer insider question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Miika Koiva, Oct 29, 2006.

  1. Miika Koiva

    Miika Koiva Guest

    Hey folks,

    I know this is a Cisco NG, but it seems like the only place to ask..
    I need a hint from someone with good packeteer knowhow:

    I have got a present of Intel NetStructure Application Shaper, which
    happens to be rebadged Packeteer AppVantage unit, it came with very
    old 4.2 PacketWise release. Hardware wise it seems to be identical to
    PacketShaper 6500.

    I have tried to upload PacketWise 7.0 image on the unit, it worked,
    booted up, I can access unit via CLI with full functionality but:

    a) It still calls itself a Intel NetStructure Application Shaper
    b) It always complains about corrupt config and drops into safe mode

    Total config reset does not help, obiously this is "just" a software
    issue, something, somewhere performs this configuration check and
    complains about its corruption.

    Any idea how I could override those checks / reset config and make
    unit run newer PacketWise?

    Miika
    Miika Koiva, Oct 29, 2006

  2. Miika Koiva