Packet wrtiting problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John Rampling, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. I posted this problem in alt.computer.workshop but no one has solved it yet.

    Can not get WinXP to recognise my CD/DVD writer properly. I use Nero which
    writes CDs perfectly but also have InCD which doesn't recognise my
    rewritable CDs at all.

    When right-clicking on the drive with a CD in place I do NOT get 'format
    using InCD' as an option; if I select 'properties' I do NOT get the
    Recording tab.

    InCD resides in the taskbar but if I attempt to use it, it fails and
    disappears from the taskbar. InCD is set to 'load when a blank CDRW is
    inserted' but it does not.

    Tried the fix on
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529 but it had no
    effect.

    After reinstalling everything, renewing ribbon cables etc still no joy. I
    can't even decide whether it is a hardware or a software problem. Any ideas
    where I should try looking?

    System details:
    Windows XP Pro: Service Pack 2, v.2082 (build 2600)
    Nero v. 6.3.1.17
    InCD 4.3.11.1
    AMD Athlon XP 2600
    512 mB RAM
    American Megatrends Inc. K7S8XE 1.0
    Master CD drive: OPTORITE DVD RW DD1205
    Slave: SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148F
    Primary IDE Channel, Secondary IDE Channel, SiS PCI IDE Controller all
    working
    Device manager records no problems on any installed devices.

    John
    John Rampling, Apr 19, 2005

  2. John Rampling

    WebWalker Guest

    Have you try to uninstall and reinstall "InCD".

    I don't use packet writing because due to its unstable nature.
    Use typical ISO instead.

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, Apr 21, 2005