    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 12, 2005

  2. I am not sure, but I think Nero 6.6 InCD should have this capability. Have
    you given that a try?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 12, 2005

  3. Harry Ohrn

    Jed Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:21:30 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
    <> wrote:

    >I am not sure, but I think Nero 6.6 InCD should have this capability. Have
    >you given that a try?

    I believe I read that InCD wasn't yet x64 compatible, although other
    products in the Nero suite were. I would double check before
    installing InCD since it can be troublesome even on compatible OSs.

    Jed, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Harry Ohrn

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    No I haven't tried InCD yet. I tried roxio's Drag to Disk and it errors out
    on install though. thanks for the suggestion on InCD.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 12, 2005
  5. Harry Ohrn

    John Barnes Guest

    Just a note that INCD did not install with the trial of Nero 6 and thus I
    was unable to try it. There is a note on their site that after BUYING Nero
    6 you have to download and install INCD. Roxio will install if you custom
    install without the drag-to-disk and I understand you can use all the other
    features per a post below. Read the Nero site about INCD before you
    download the trial if it is only the packet writing program you are
    interested in.

    John Barnes, Jul 12, 2005
  6. It seems that there is no packet writing software currently available, InCD
    is indeed incompatible:
    http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t5257.html

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 12, 2005
  7. Harry Ohrn

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    thanks for the heads up John. I do own a copy of Nero 6 but never installed
    InCD because I prefer Drag to Disk from roxio. It will format DVD-R which
    are less expensive than DVD-R/W. However InCD won't format DVD-R . Anyway I
    read the rest of the thread and see that InCD is a no go anyway.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 12, 2005
  8. Harry Ohrn

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    Thanks again Andre. I'll avoid the pain right now and wait for x64
    compatible software.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 12, 2005
  9. Harry Ohrn

    Rick Guest

    It has been posted numerous time that InCD does not work in Win x64.
    There Tech Support has even confirmed that it does not work.

    Rick, Jul 12, 2005
  10. Thanks for the update Rick. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 12, 2005
  11. Harry Ohrn

    Randy Guest

    This is just an idea, but you might try Audible.com's Gear software, which
    they include in their free setup to write audio to CDs. I think it's
    available separately too. I haven't tried it on x64 yet, sorry.

    Randy, Jul 12, 2005
  12. Harry Ohrn

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    Thanks Randy but my question has to do with packet writing software. I can
    use Nero to create audio discs.
    Cheers.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]