    If I do a tracert to orcon.net.nz it times out after the third hop. I
    get as far as fe-colocation-core.nct.orcon.net.nz and then nothing.

    , Apr 13, 2005

  2. Mike_P Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone else been experiencing intermittent connection problems on
    > Orcon Bitstream in the last 24 hours? I'm not going to even bother
    > trying to get through to the help desk.
    >
    > If I do a tracert to orcon.net.nz it times out after the third hop. I
    > get as far as fe-colocation-core.nct.orcon.net.nz and then nothing.

    LOL, last 24hrs... try the last 4 months.!

    Mike_P, Apr 13, 2005

  3. On 13 Apr 2005 00:37:07 -0700, wrote:

    > Has anyone else been experiencing intermittent connection problems on
    > Orcon Bitstream in the last 24 hours? I'm not going to even bother
    > trying to get through to the help desk.
    >
    > If I do a tracert to orcon.net.nz it times out after the third hop. I
    > get as far as fe-colocation-core.nct.orcon.net.nz and then nothing.

    Does tracert use port 80? I see at least they have finally stopped
    limiting port 119 ... finally.

    wogers nemesis, Apr 13, 2005
  4. Traceroutes are blocked to orcon.net.nz - so it's not packet loss
    try using pathping to the site you are experiencing problems with for a more
    accurate picture

    Seeby

    Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet, Apr 13, 2005