Packet Engines PowerRail 1000

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Angler, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. Angler

    Angler Guest

    A blast from the past to be sure...

    Does anyone know what the default login ID and password is for these
    switches? I have aquired one and have console access...

    Packet Engines PowerRail 1000

    Version 2.0.0r22 - 2 Feb, 1999

    Copyright(c) 1997-1998 Packet Engines, Inc.
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    All rights reserved.
    System MAC Address: 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

    Current Time: Apr 25, 2005 14:02

    Was able to boot with no config by powering up and typing any key...

    # Date Time Vers Size Name
    1 2003-02-07 09:03:27 2.0.0r22 3027 startup.config

    Select a configuration file by number,
    or enter "0" for none,
    or ESC to return to the previous menu: 0

    Enter one of the following options:

    'C' to select the EMM configuration file [*none*]
    'D' to start Xmodem download [-]
    'I' to select an EMM image to run [PR1000.sys]
    'S' to set option for the serial BAUD rate [9600]
    'ESC' to continue startup

    Your choice:
    [Selected config file is "*none*"]
    [Invoking EMM image "PR1000.sys" from Onboard flash]

    gEMM_SEEPROM.flash_size = 0x0080
    [EMM image started (boot: is Onboard flash)]
    [EMM MAC address: 00-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx]

    Thanks in advance... Angler
    Angler, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Angler

    akto

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    PowerRail 1000

    I also have a Powerrail 1000 but have a corrupted image file, pr1000.sys
    I have the manual if you would like some information,
    can you provide the image file?

    The default login is
    admin
    <no password>

    Hope that works if you have not already tried.
    akto, Sep 16, 2006