    Bob Simon Guest

    Does either the 3745 router or 4503 switch have the capability to do
    selective packet capture and/or forwarding to a specified port?
    Bob Simon, Nov 15, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    Bob Simon <> wrote:
    >Does either the 3745 router or 4503 switch have the capability to do
    >selective packet capture and/or forwarding to a specified port?

    Possibly. Release 12.2(20)EW and later

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_20a/conf/span.htm#wp1066853

    "monitor session" "filter ip access-group"

    That document is for the Cat 4000, so probably the 4500 would be the same.
    You can search to see if the same thing is supported for the 3700 series.
    Walter Roberson, Nov 15, 2006

  3. Bob Simon

    Bob Simon Guest

    On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:39:21 GMT, (Walter
    Roberson) wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >Bob Simon <> wrote:
    >>Does either the 3745 router or 4503 switch have the capability to do
    >>selective packet capture and/or forwarding to a specified port?

    >Possibly. Release 12.2(20)EW and later
    >
    >http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_20a/conf/span.htm#wp1066853
    >
    >"monitor session" "filter ip access-group"
    >
    >That document is for the Cat 4000, so probably the 4500 would be the same.
    >You can search to see if the same thing is supported for the 3700 series.

    Walter,
    Thank you very much for the pointer to the SPAN and RSPAN documention
    for the 4500. This is exactly what I was looking for.

    It seems that I am in luck because sho ver shows that my customer is
    running Version 12.2(20)EWA.
    Bob
    Bob Simon, Nov 15, 2006