    for sign up.

    Today I will snail mail their office.

    Anyone else encountered this problem? Solution?

    Noname, Apr 28, 2006

  2. Noname

    Todd Guest

    Noname wrote:
    > I cannot contact a CSR to cancel service.
    > There is not an account cancellation option in their account manager
    > After 45 minutes of hold time to speak to a CSR they transfer my call to a
    > voice/msg answer service - I never receive a response to my msg.
    > Their chat feature never produces a CSR.
    > Email requesting cancellation is never answered.
    >
    > The cancellation would be of less concern if a credit card was not required
    > for sign up.
    >
    > Today I will snail mail their office.
    >
    > Anyone else encountered this problem? Solution?

    May I recommend contacting your bank to dispute the charges packet8 is
    making to your credit card? Getting a charge-back from your bank would
    be good way to 'promote' canceling the service.

    Regards,
    Todd

    Todd, Apr 28, 2006

  3. "Noname" <> writes:
    > I cannot contact a CSR to cancel service.
    > There is not an account cancellation option in their account manager
    > After 45 minutes of hold time to speak to a CSR they transfer my call to a
    > voice/msg answer service - I never receive a response to my msg.
    > Their chat feature never produces a CSR.
    > Email requesting cancellation is never answered.

    Send a registered letter with return receipt to the them canceling
    your service.

    Depending on how much you mistrust them and how long they prevented
    you from canceling the service by being unavailable you can even have
    your bank cancel your old credit card number and issue a new one.

    > Anyone else encountered this problem? Solution?

    Once every couple of years some company tries that scam on me. I
    found from experience that without the registered/return-receipt
    letter you may eventually get hosed for the money. I've had a credit
    card company "lose" a stack of correspondence (even though they
    replied at the time) and then claim "Since you didn't dispute the
    charges within the 6month window we have reinstated the charges, added
    fines and 18% interest. Have a nice day."

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Apr 28, 2006
  4. Noname

    Noname Guest

    "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht"
    <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > "Noname" <> writes:
    > > I cannot contact a CSR to cancel service.
    > > There is not an account cancellation option in their account manager
    > > After 45 minutes of hold time to speak to a CSR they transfer my call to

    > > voice/msg answer service - I never receive a response to my msg.
    > > Their chat feature never produces a CSR.
    > > Email requesting cancellation is never answered.

    > Send a registered letter with return receipt to the them canceling
    > your service.
    >
    > Depending on how much you mistrust them and how long they prevented
    > you from canceling the service by being unavailable you can even have
    > your bank cancel your old credit card number and issue a new one.
    >
    > > Anyone else encountered this problem? Solution?

    > Once every couple of years some company tries that scam on me. I
    > found from experience that without the registered/return-receipt
    > letter you may eventually get hosed for the money. I've had a credit
    > card company "lose" a stack of correspondence (even though they
    > replied at the time) and then claim "Since you didn't dispute the
    > charges within the 6month window we have reinstated the charges, added
    > fines and 18% interest. Have a nice day."
    >
    > -wolfgang
    > --
    > Wolfgang S. Rupprecht http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/

    So far both responses include my plan - I'll register my letter to Packet8
    and send a carbon copy to my credit card company.
    But, at this time no false charges have been placed against the credit
    card - I want to cancel effective my annual renewal date. My account already
    indicates the next pymt is set to be taken.
    Apparently avoiding cancelling subscriptions is part of Packet8's business
    approach?

    But, it would be much simpler if Packet8 would only acknowledge my
    cancellation and accept there will always be a certain percentage of
    turnover.

    Noname, Apr 28, 2006