    Is this possible to do?
    Thanks
    Louis
    Louis, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Louis

    colin Guest

    Louis <> wrote in message
    news:c0uecd$1bd068$-berlin.de...
    > I have jus got a PB computer (think its a 4450) I could be wrong doesnt

    say
    > on the unit. Its running Win 98 and I wanted to put either Win 2000 on it

    or
    > XP.
    > Is this possible to do?
    > Thanks
    > Louis

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/sysreqs.asp

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/professional/evaluation/sysreqs/default
    ..asp

    The `above` are for the minimum system requirements; although I`ve ran XP on
    a P200MMX with 64mb of ram and a 2mb videocard. (slooowlleeee though)

    PS Win95 on a 386 was much the same:)
    colin, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Louis

    Wizard Guest

    Possible yes, advisable ...no.

    Wizard, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Louis

    Jeremy Guest

    You got a PB that's running, WOW. I gave up when I found the battery was
    soldered into the board prior to it corroding and leaking.

    JJ

    Jeremy, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Louis

    force Guest

    how did they ever get it to run 98, they are such crap they take 72 pin
    SIMMs only up to 16 meg most it can hold is 64 meg ram
    fastest CPU is a pen.200 NO mmx and a case that is a nightmare for anyone to
    work in JUNK IT

    force, Feb 19, 2004