  1. therebel

    therebel Guest

    anyone know how to stop the packard bell screen from showing during boot up

    therebel, Jan 15, 2006

  2. "therebel" <> wrote in message
    news:Ruzyf.52543$...
    > anyone know how to stop the packard bell screen from showing during
    > boot up

    You can stop the annoying XP boot-up logo - if Packard Bell is showing
    on that. Go to Run on the Start menu and type "msconfig" (without the
    quotes) then select the Boot.Ini tab and check the box marked
    "/NOGUIBOOT" then OK and reboot the PC. You will probably get a
    warning message that the computer is in Diagnostic Mode. You can
    safely check the box that stops the message appearing every time.

    Also, if you are not concerned about logging on with a password...

    Go to Run on the Start menu and type 'control userpasswords2' (without
    the quotes) then click OK. Select you User Name then uncheck 'Users
    must enter a user name and password...' and click OK.

    Now go to Run on the Start menu again and enter 'control
    userpasswords', select 'Change the way users log on or off' and
    uncheck both 'Use the Welcome screen' and 'Use Fast User Switching',
    click OK, exit and reboot and Windows should boot straight through to
    the desktop.

    Boscoe Pertwee, Jan 16, 2006

  3. therebel

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    therebel wrote:
    > anyone know how to stop the packard bell screen from showing during boot up

    I assume you are referring to the logo which appears *before* windows
    starts loading?

    Normally this can be disabled in the bios. Look for entry such as show
    logo on boot, or something similar.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Jan 16, 2006
  4. therebel

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    Oldus Fartus wrote:
    > therebel wrote:
    >
    >> anyone know how to stop the packard bell screen from showing during
    >> boot up
    >>

    > I assume you are referring to the logo which appears *before* windows
    > starts loading?
    >
    > Normally this can be disabled in the bios. Look for entry such as show
    > logo on boot, or something similar.

    As far as I know, select show diagnostics somewhere in
    the Bios,that wil skip the picture and show you the
    useual bootup info.

    Sjouke Burry, Jan 16, 2006
  5. therebel

    Erick Guest

    I could be a smart-ass here and say "throw it out" (I never did like Packard
    Bell). But, in all seriousness, most Packard Bells did not have the ability
    to change the BIOS settings very much, which is where that option would be
    found. And most name brand PCs in general do not allow their logo to be
    turned off, although some newer ones are letting it happen.

    Erick, Jan 16, 2006
  6. therebel

    JD Guest

    therebel wrote:
    > anyone know how to stop the packard bell screen from showing during boot up

    This can be done, it requires saving a copy of your BIOS to a bin file
    and there is a tool for editing/removing/adding your own logo. Don't ask
    me what its called tho I cant remember :-S but I'm sure a google search
    will help you out.

    JD, Jan 16, 2006